DSCF4992.jpg

Cinquecento 1998 Sporting Broom Yellow (Sting!).

Introduction

Brought her on the 22nd of September And she's not exactly in stunning condition but she'll get there :D
I am keeping my original exhaust as 1 its in brilliant cpndition, looks nearly nee, and 2 for that reason there, i think ill put it back on just to stay on the good side of Mr Bossman :D

Also thinking about investing in some spax lowering springs, just not sure if I want 60 40 or 40 all round...

Last edited:
Well today has been another day of ballache... I had everything out and ready to get this exhaust off and swapped over, only to find the airbox splattered with oil.
Removed the crank case breather hose and pumped it with pressurised air and it was all clear. So began by cleaning all that and the tb. Maybe the crank breather was blocked? Whatever it was I will keep an eye out... No loss in oil either, levels are still high...

So i moved onto the next task of removing the manifold.... or not, spanners just slip straight off bar 2 nuts which were removed and put right back on.
All the extra time spent that close to the head has got me worried about all the oil I can still see even after the cam cover was done.
Nevertheless I got the backbox on and fired her up and there was a fair bit of amoke, cleared off after a while though.. Maybe hg gone?
All in all a very depressing day (y)

Attachments

• 20120411_093848.jpg
    20120411_093848.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 35
  • 20120411_094937.jpg
    20120411_094937.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 37
  • 20120411_094942.jpg
    20120411_094942.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
time for a compression test...

stick some plus-gas on manifold bolts and leave them overnight, if not got any plus gas use a bit of diesel - both will have more effect than WD40.. What kind of spanner you using? I recommend a proper hex socket, not an open-ended spanner or whatever..

I was trying to use my socket set but due to space between the bolt on the manifold and the front of the chassis, I couldn't get proper movement. So I resorted to open ended spanners, and these slipped, so I WD-40'd and tried again to no avail, I stopped as I didnt want to grind the bolts down.

Tomorrow I will speak to my mexhanic friend and finish off painting the front bumper hopefully, maybe underseal my arches too.

Last edited:
or you could run the engine so it heats up. will be hard with spanners though, get some decent tools they'll save you a knuckle or two

Gearbox and compression test at the end of next week. Didnt notice anything bad when I drove out on thursday night though.
Not sure about the bumper though... Maybe ill pick some purple paint up soon

Attachments

• 20120413_163623.jpg
    20120413_163623.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 31
Well unfortunately it would seem as if this Cinq is moving on into cinqy heaven. Garage have seen it today and my list of problems are as follows:
clutch cable snapped
gearbox possibly shot
HG going causing a misfiring and overfuelling

Cost to repair = in excess of £550+ and thats even with mates rates :(

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back