DSCF4992.jpg

Cinquecento 1998 Sporting Broom Yellow (Sting!).

Introduction

Brought her on the 22nd of September And she's not exactly in stunning condition but she'll get there :D
Re: 1998 Sporting Broom Yellow (Sting!)

loving the cinq mate very smart, i know how ya feel being a student but i was/am a bit more fortunate. I am 17 and at college and have a 53 plate punto sporting. Lovely car but very expensive on insurence! seriously dont scrap it buddy keep hold of it and learn and pick up new skills by working on it seriously i have done on mine :)

If you took the rear seats and belts out - Would it still fail the MOT???

You should get that rust sorted though...

If you took the rear seats and belts out - Would it still fail the MOT???

You should get that rust sorted though...

I honestly don't know. Worthwhile chatting up the MOT man, seeing what his view is.

And I wouldn't have a scooby about how on Earth to weld all that..

Even the best welder in the world started off not knowing anything. And that's why the forum is here (there are welding forums, too).

Might be worthwhile seeing if the college has a car department -- sometimes they're on the lookout for projects.

Something like that, but more importantly to me, its experience! Tomorrow I am going to see a couple of friends about this rust issue, and what can be solved with welding and how much it will be. If I have that sorted it may still retain some resale value or at least be solid if I fit a 1242 in. And I am not bidding on a set of 15mm spacers so I can get these PGT wheels fitted. Huzza!

just as a 'by the way', when i took rear seats out of my old seicento, i changed the number of seats on the V5 and then informed my insurance - it actually went down in price. I presume this is because that is less people you can kill when you crash lol. Ring them and ask, its the only way to know ;)

edit: used to have some of them wheels on a sei, they needed pretty big spacers. My GT3 wheels have been repainted at some point so hard to read the details but i'm 90% it says ET is 45.5 - pretty sure i had 20mm on the rear and 25mm on the front with mine but it was along time ago.

Last edited:

i used to catch the inside of the wheel under cornering as well, i presume though this is something to do with the suspension geometry on cento's though, as my seicento does the same thing on its oem wheels with the same drop in height - unless i make the dampers really firm..

I really like your car fella, just like mine but minus the different alloys, hope you get the rust situation sorted though :)

Back