zeee second German :D

Currently reading:
zeee second German :D

picked this up today :D pretty pleased with it :D 328i but uprated inlet, exhaust and remapped, allegedly to 250bhp, no proof but it certainly feels very quick, so i dont doubt the estimate is far off....

bmw016.jpg

bmw007.jpg

bmw012.jpg

bmw011.jpg

bmw003.jpg

Mate that's one of the nicest I've seen. Mean machine. My dad's got a 5 series and this puts it to shame. Is it lowered at the front?

Tints all round and some angel eyes and you're set. What are the plans? :)

As said on FB, looks really decent and with 250, you're not far off a non-Evo m3 :D

Subtlety is the key as said, too many folks go waaaay overboard with e36s. Pop Vaders in there, do the badges as you mentioned (though I think the ones on there look okay - different from the standard BM) maybe do some colour coding and leave at that. I'd be tempted to pop some late model m3 mirrors on there too to lose the extra arm though given it's an e36, m3 mirrors look more correct than they do on a Corsa :laugh:

All in all though, looks like a good'un :)

cheers :D

yeah it's lowered all round, i think 30 or 40 on the front, 20 or 30 on the rear, gives it a nice stance anyway i think :)

im not too sure what the plans are tbh :) i quite like the standard lights so will probably just HID them up and get some tints on it, maybe change the AC schnitzer badges to carbon bmw roundels, beyond that theres really not all that much i can think of :D maybe if a cheap set of vaders popped up id be tempted :)

muppet42 said:
As said on FB, looks really decent and with 250, you're not far off a non-Evo m3 :D

Subtlety is the key as said, too many folks go waaaay overboard with e36s. Pop Vaders in there, do the badges as you mentioned (though I think the ones on there look okay - different from the standard BM) maybe do some colour coding and leave at that. I'd be tempted to pop some late model m3 mirrors on there too to lose the extra arm though given it's an e36, m3 mirrors look more correct than they do on a Corsa :laugh:

All in all though, looks like a good'un :)

yeah :) thats pretty much the plans :D if we get a FS RR day, im taking this for a read out to see just how accurate the estimations are, though with the mods i know about that are done, the estimate would be about right, if anything perhaps a tad conservative, though maybe thats just because im not used to the power :laugh:

Mrcento said:
yeah :) thats pretty much the plans :D if we get a FS RR day, im taking this for a read out to see just how accurate the estimations are, though with the mods i know about that are done, the estimate would be about right, if anything perhaps a tad conservative, though maybe thats just because im not used to the power :laugh:

Well standard's about 190 if I remember right but depending how it's been tuned 250 could be possible. Just know how many folks BS about power figures when they're selling a car if they've not got a graph though even that's not always definitive proof given how some RRs can be a bit iffy in terms of accuracy. Either way, I doubt I'll be challenging you in the Stilo :laugh:

cheers all :) 2 days into owning the car i've found a few tiny issues, nothing really worrying though, mainly little electrical gremlins like a flickering interior bulb and the rechargeable glovebox torch not working (OH NOES!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!1!!). the worst of the electrical faults being the interior fan only working when it wants to, a look on the bmw forums shows it to be the final stage resistor pack, easy and fairly cheap 5 minute diy fix so thats fine :)

fixed one of the brake sheilds today because it was squaking all the time, still not perfect, but much better :) i'll get it eventually :)

going to book it in to get the rack centred and wheels aligned next week, also going to look into the gearchange, it's fine, but just a tad heavier than i remember from the last bm, especially into second, it's quite nice like that though, makes the car feel meaty to drive :D

under the bonnet faults.... one blade on the cooling fan is missing. no biggy, its still cooling perfectly :) bonnet catch itself was a bit stiff, sorted that now too though :)

oh and the passenger seat is a bit squaky with someone in it.... and i had to replace a brake bulb

all in though, not the worst set of faults

update... fixed a few of the electrical errors, today it has developed a case of a dodgy fuel guage... could make Cupar interersting :laugh:

and on a short run earlier, my mpg over a 30mph average speed was 33mpg

Very nice. I get like 34 out the punto on a rally day, 37-40 on an eco drive.

stripped down the back drivers side corner to stop the squealing brake sheid, no matter what i did it was still screeching, and to take it out it was a strip the whole hub down job.... thankfully i thumped a screwdriver i between the rear disc and sheild and it started to work a bit, 20 minutes of manipulation later, i then heard a ping noise and a little rusty washer popped out, looks like it was trapped in there, now the squealing is gone :D

fuel gauge issue traced to the primary sender on the fuel pump, secondary sender test had no effect, shorting out contacts on the primary resulted in the fuel gauge giving a reading from the second sender (that only reads from half way to full), so i now have the worlds most pesimistic working fuel gauge until i replace the primary sender/pump assembly, i'll just need to guess the second half of the tank then :laugh:

fitted led side lights too....it threw a strop and now i have a tail light failure...wtf? bulbs all fine and working, switched back to normal side lights, error still there, weird.

Back