General Your views on a rear wiper query

Currently reading:
General Your views on a rear wiper query

Do you think the Punto Mk2 motor will fit?

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GeX

Established member
Righto, the rear wiper has failed on my Sei. Seems to be a common fault on here recently.

I've looked at the price of new ones from FIAT and 3rd party suppliers and hmmmmm.... no. Scrap yards have non-either.

But i looked round the parts CD and stumbled across the Punto Mk2 and that seems to use the same motor. The part numbers don't match but they look the same on the pictures. Not very technical i know, but the parts CD is usually quite accurate in its dipictions of parts.

I've found some MK2 punto ones for sale cheap at online scrappies but its still a fair amount to spend if it doesn't fit.

So what do you think from the pics, do you think it will fit?

Attachments

• sei.JPG
    sei.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 25
  • puntomk2.JPG
    puntomk2.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 18
Only prob with looking on parts manual and trying to match stuff up by how it appears on there is that they may well be different but they used the same basic picture to represent the wiper motor-doesn't actually mean its the same. Does a cinq one not fit? I know of a sei at a local scrap yard, ill have a look if you want?

Rich.

I know the Cinq one is diff. I looked at most of the cars on the parts CD trying to find one that matched. All had different pics for the motor, cept for the Punto Mk2.
If your heading to the scrapyard then yeah if you don't mind taking a looky at the Sei. Don't go there speacialy tho, its not all that important. Just another thing on my to do list.

GeX said:
Righto, the rear wiper has failed on my Sei. Seems to be a common fault on here recently.

I've looked at the price of new ones from FIAT and 3rd party suppliers and hmmmmm.... no. Scrap yards have non-either.

But i looked round the parts CD and stumbled across the Punto Mk2 and that seems to use the same motor. The part numbers don't match but they look the same on the pictures. Not very technical i know, but the parts CD is usually quite accurate in its dipictions of parts.

I've found some MK2 punto ones for sale cheap at online scrappies but its still a fair amount to spend if it doesn't fit.

So what do you think from the pics, do you think it will fit?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-SEICENTO-SPORTING-REAR-WIPER-MOTOR_W0QQitemZ4603588361QQcategoryZ10382QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Worth a look and a bid?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
tango said:
de wiper it! just a suggestion (y)

the wiper comes out through the glass on a sei i think, not easy to smooth over nicely!

looks the same on the diagram chris. i'm going to the scrappy round here soon for a few bits and bobs, will have a look see if there are any new seis in

I have a Mk2 Punto I'm scrapping - want the wiper motor? I'll take it out and compare it with the pic of the one on eBay if you are still looking for one.

cinqsandminis said:
I have a Mk2 Punto I'm scrapping - want the wiper motor? I'll take it out and compare it with the pic of the one on eBay if you are still looking for one.

Ooh yeas please, i'd rather buy it from someone on here instead of a random on ebay.

There you go - you wait four days for a bus and then two come along together. Take your pick - I'll take mine out in the morning (oo-er missus) and if its the same one you can have it for £15 including air mail postage to wherever Lytham-St.Annes is (sounds like a cream for bunions).

Pm Slippy and see if his works out cheaper - the postage will be lower so his may be the best option.

cinqsandminis said:
wherever Lytham-St.Annes is (sounds like a cream for bunions).

ROFL!!!

IIRC its abut 5 miles North of the north western coastal cesspool that is Blackpool, has the same dialling code and has FY8 postcode, co its not far off... :eek:

Its south of mingin blackpool. Same dialing code yes, postcode of FY8 is for Lytham St.Annes only. Blackpool has FY4 and similar.

Noticed today that Blackpool Airport is actually within the St.Annes boundry, which was nice.

Anywho, Slippy i'll prolly take your motor from you. Saves having to pay the extra to ship it from Ireland.

Back