York car parking near the station.

Currently reading:
York car parking near the station.

dombooth

Staff member
Hi all,

I need to leave my car in York from about 11am on the 6th May and collect it again 1:30am on the 7th May near the train station.

Where's best (and free/cheap)?

(Any one got a space on their driveway within a mile ish I could give them a fiver? for?)

Thanks,(y)
Dom

No cheap car parks for long stay. You could try "Aldreth Grove" off "Bishopthorpe Road". I recommended this as it is the closest street to the town centre without parking restrictions on my side of town, its about 1 mile from the station although there may be another residential street closer not on my side of town, if you get me?

No cheap car parks for long stay. You could try "Aldreth Grove" off "Bishopthorpe Road". I recommended this as it is the closest street to the town centre without parking restrictions on my side of town, its about 1 mile from the station although there may be another residential street closer not on my side of town, if you get me?

Thanks, I'll look into it.:)

Yeah, theres no long stay parking that i know of near the station but tbh its gonna cost you a bomb to park for that long especially in the town centre lol

This has all the car parks in york, how much and opening times which might help you
http://www.york.gov.uk/transport/Parking/Car_parks/

:eek: That's not cheap!!

Anyone nearby got a driveway (or permit) I can pay a fiver rent?;)

Dom

Best thing to do would be try and find someone in york, thats a bus ride away from the station and that wont cost too much in a taxi back to the house to your car for a 1am pickup because there is a taxi rank right outside the station. I cant help im afraid because theres barely enough room to fit 3 cars on the drive nevermind a 4th

Best thing to do would be try and find someone in york, thats a bus ride away from the station and that wont cost too much in a taxi back to the house to your car for a 1am pickup because there is a taxi rank right outside the station. I cant help im afraid because theres barely enough room to fit 3 cars on the drive nevermind a 4th

Yeah that's what I thought.:)

Can you park on the road outside yours?

Dom

Yeah that's what I thought.:)

Can you park on the road outside yours?

Dom

There are a row of shops pretty much over the road from me that has parking on which might be an option for you, can see the car from my house there too but ill investigate about the train station in my village, think you might be able to park overnight there and no charge but let me find out, that way you could get a train to york station then a taxi back, taxi to there costs about a tenner that time of night (I used to live a couple of houses away from the station :p)

Edit: http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/pop/details.html There you go, free parking overnight at poppleton station which is about 5 mins away from york station on the train

Last edited:
There are a row of shops pretty much over the road from me that has parking on which might be an option for you, can see the car from my house there too but ill investigate about the train station in my village, think you might be able to park overnight there and no charge but let me find out, that way you could get a train to york station then a taxi back, taxi to there costs about a tenner that time of night (I used to live a couple of houses away from the station :p)

Edit: http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/pop/details.html There you go, free parking overnight at poppleton station which is about 5 mins away from york station on the train

Train times don't really match up though.:(

Dom

Wilton Rise does not appear to have any parking restrictions on it, also appears to be a reasonably short walk away (1m).

I only found it by using google maps.

Check and double check the parking restrictions, maps may be old and there may be residents paring in place. Park at your own risk. E&EO :)

Just to let you know how I got on, parked round the back in the commuters car park for £2.50.(y)

IMG_2553.JPG

Thanks for the advice guys.(y)

Dom

Very well done. First time I went to york was by car and I got raped on car parking. Next time I just got the train lol.

It's because it was the weekend haha.

The plan was Goole-York station by car, leave car there and get train to Manchester about 1:30pm ish. Then we was at a gig in Manchester Academy 1 and get the train back to York at about 11:55pm and get back to York at 2am ish, then drive back to Goole.

Dom

Back