General Yet another immobiliser question...

Currently reading:
General Yet another immobiliser question...

frazzmac

I've searched the forum and can't find something that exactly matches my "problem".

On my Seicento, every second time I use my blue key to start the car, the code light remains on. The car starts just fine. I tried the red key and the same happens. One time the light stays on, the next it goes off.

I've only had the car a couple of days and this didn't happen at first. However, due to a stupidity overdose, I managed to drain the battery, which was boosted then charged. The battery is fine, quite new, and is holding charge OK.

Can anyone shed any light? Many thanks from a new owner for your helpful replies...

You CANNOT reliably use the red key to start the car!!

Every time you turn the red key from an 'off' start, the ECU kicks into a programming mode. Youre telling it youre programming new keys in when youre not and its getting confused.

Do a search for ecu programming in this section and the answer should be there...failing that, I'll look it up and post it up when I get back :).

Hi BTW :D

I'm not using the red key all the time, I just tried it to see if it made any difference...otherwise it is tucked away safely for future crises.

Back