General YET Another Crash ! YES its mE !

Currently reading:
General YET Another Crash ! YES its mE !

cryptonx

Hi again ,

Well this car is just ... bad luck !!!

Another CRASH yesterday .... now that's 2 major serious crashes in less than 3 months and the car didnt even make 2000 KMs yet !

Parked ! sitting in my car listening to the Radio !
to Suddenly find myself thrown into the steering wheel my car jumping about 3 -4 m to the front . with a huge crash sound .

I go down to KILL who ever who is responsible to find a stupid french made
Citroen C3 WITH NO DRIVER INSIDE crashed into the rear of my Palio !

Destroying the Rear Bumper along with these wierd shock absorbers thing
Making the Car MORE hatchback than it was ! , seriously damaging the inside of the boot . and the stupid thing won't close anymore ( boot door or what is it called ) not to mention some plastics broken from the rear headlights ( both ) .

the story is ! a STUPID STUPID VERY VERY STUPID girl ... parked her car 80 - 100 Meters before me , the road was a bit slopey downwards , where I parked , She forgets to use the handbrakes before she leaves her car. . then she went out for lunch .. leaving the car. ..
someone or something moved the car a bit .... it generated speed from the slope ... ( high speed that is ) crashing into my car !!

anyways I am thankfull enough I am not hurt . and the car is working , ie nothing happened to the mechanics or stuff , except the boot door now doesnt close since its very very distorted !

anyways ...I called the Dealer here the Rear Bumper , Un-Painted is sold for $175 ... with paint its $200 ( American Dollars) I was wondering if this is a RIP off or not ?

the rest of the car , might be able to get fixed properly .. .altho I doubt it will ever be the same again .

**** happens iknow ... but NOT THAT RAPID !

She paid me $100 , saying that this is all she has , and all she can afford ..

No , I didn't get any insurance plans , but now I am willing to after I fix this

there's a local company here called contact ( www.contactcars.com ) they are going to charge me 3.5% of the cars price annualy .. that's $420 a Year , and they are going to take care of everything including , a replacement car bla bla bla , is that a good deal ?

For some strange reason, I cannot find a single local aftermarket dealer able to supply a rear bumper for Palio to check the price - they only have the front ones :confused:

I'm sorry to hear about your 2 crashes man, i just got a red palio but thank god no accidents till now, and just for your info i managed to get my insurance from el shar2 lel ta2meen for 1650 egyptian pounds (nearly $290) and its a full insurance not partial so check them out and i hope you find your bumper.

Last edited:
thanks for your concerns bob ,
and congratiulations on ur new car :)

is it the 1.0L version or the 1.2L ?
anyways I am going to insure my car using Contact , 2150 le . thats why I am asking you about ur Palio version :)

Take Care , and Drive well :) .

Cool , I am just asking cuz i've seen a Plenty of 1.0s arround now
I got it for 66,000 from AutoMicho .

but it was only because I was on the waiting list for 2 months :p ( when it first came out ) .

Honestly I don't like the color now .. but it's better than nothing
( Very Dark Metalic Green ) , see it in the Bodyshop section of this forum .

Hey man, bad luck really, but thanks God you are ok.
I insured mine with Allianz (a well known foreign insurance company) for a 3% rate and they give me full insurance no matter how many hits do i get in one accident, and the car is repaired in the service centers and i have to get police report only in cases of total loss, stolen, drawning. and the rest are covered with any reports.

Man good luck with fixing the car.
i hope this agent covers the spare parts requirement, as the car is getting sold good i think.

I got mine from automicho for 69000 because i didn't want to wait. i paid i got the car direclty
else then this i would have paid 68000 and got it after 10 days (which ends up to be a month or so)

Hey man you didn't get to tell me if you managed to find the head lights for the first accident?? did you fix the first accident and got the car licensed??

Back