Styling Yellow panda

Currently reading:
Styling Yellow panda

Would you buy a pale yellow panda?
Or does anyone on here own one?
I've sold bumble my multijet money pit! It was starting to black smoke on power and blue smoke on the overrun and injectors are not cheap nor is a turbo aswell as needing front and rear shocks it was time for it to go. I've seen a 1.1 pale yellow panda active with colour coded bumpers on a 59 plate with black/grey interior at a good price and can't decide over the colour. It's just a flip of bumble which was black with yellow seats and I got stick over that so got help me if I buy this one!!

ive got one a 2006 1.2 had it now about 19 months and its great there are at least 5 in my town all pale yellow color does not really matter if its a good car id rather have a pale yellow one thats in good nice instead of a nicer color thats rough

I ordered mine from new in 2005 in vanilla yellow. :) Only colour of car I want to drive.

Attachments

• DSC_0014_5.JPG
    DSC_0014_5.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 52
I think its a great colour. I was actually looking for a pale yellow or green when I found the Alessi, so got the orange one.

As with all the lighter colours, it is likely to suffer from UV. It will fade, and the lacquer may peel if not polished regularly. Just had mine painted, looks lovely, but cost about what the car is worth. So check the paint.

I think its a great colour. I was actually looking for a pale yellow or green when I found the Alessi, so got the orange one.

As with all the lighter colours, it is likely to suffer from UV. It will fade, and the lacquer may peel if not polished regularly. Just had mine painted, looks lovely, but cost about what the car is worth. So check the paint.

Hi,

You're right there. I bought my 07 1.2 panda a year ago, and at the time of purchase

there was a small area (3 inches square) on the bonnet had peeled away.

The previous owner didn't know how it happened, but it looked to me it

was the top lacquer had come off. Ever since I've kept plenty of polish on it,

along with the rest of the car. Sound advise Portland Bill.

John.

Well I looked at it, not a cared for car! Oil was clean etc, interior was clean enough but it had small dents down n/s sill. Exhaust blowing and bad corrosion on rear axle so I left it.
Does the 1.1 only have one silencer?? It only had the back box.
And as previously pointed out about paint fade by Portland bill the paint was faded. Was tempted with £1200 for a 59 plate though!

Last edited:
Hi,

You're right there. I bought my 07 1.2 panda a year ago, and at the time of purchase

there was a small area (3 inches square) on the bonnet had peeled away.

The previous owner didn't know how it happened, but it looked to me it

was the top lacquer had come off. Ever since I've kept plenty of polish on it,

along with the rest of the car. Sound advise Portland Bill.

John.

I'm not sure what happened with my bonnet paint. A small section (about 2 inch diameter) cracked up and then flaked off down to the basecoat. I touched it up in the meanwhile, but since then several long cracks have appeared. I'll need the bonnet stripped and redone, but to be honest with the fade on the rest of the paintwork over the last 11 years, I'd prefer to see about a complete respray. Not too many body shops I visited were that keen on touching my car as yellow isn't that common a colour and can be hard to match. Still looking for somewhere to do the work.

My cracked paintwork.

Attachments

• DSC_0002_7.JPG
    DSC_0002_7.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 28
I'm not sure what happened with my bonnet paint. A small section (about 2 inch diameter) cracked up and then flaked off down to the basecoat. I touched it up in the meanwhile, but since then several long cracks have appeared. I'll need the bonnet stripped and redone, but to be honest with the fade on the rest of the paintwork over the last 11 years, I'd prefer to see about a complete respray. Not too many body shops I visited were that keen on touching my car as yellow isn't that common a colour and can be hard to match. Still looking for somewhere to do the work.

UV damage and old paint.

Tell the body shop to use the original Fiat spec paint colour. You could perhaps get a match from inside of a door shut but does it really matter if the whole car is to be resprayed.

Back