Yay

Currently reading:
Yay

As sad as this sounds im well happy with my insurance this year! my bike insurance is up on the 30th so i got a letter today with a renewal quote.

£228 fully comp with legal cover and recovery. bit of a drop from the £700 last year!
been on confused.com and can get it to about £180(y) so am going to ring swintons and see if they will match it.

But what im more happy about is maybe I can now afford to sell the suzuki and buy and insure a Ducati monster :devil::slayer::yum:

Swintons pissed me off, got a letter from them saying something along the lines off 'It seems we couldn't beat your renewal quote, we are sorry for this, however please do consider us, because we have great customer service'. Tbh I dont care about customer service at the moment lol

well the quote for 160(it was actualy 159 not the 180 i said earlyer) is from quinn direct. which I have just realised it the same people I insure my car with (which is also up this month) SO when there renewal comes thru in the next couple of days.
I might just ring them and explain that I got my cheapest bike quote from them and if they can get my a good price on the car I will insure my bike with them also.

I know not many do a bike/car policy but its worth a try :)

I REALLLLLY like the Hypermotard but I would want the version thats like 2 grand more but has well better wheels suspension and brakes... BUT I already have a supermoto and getting that would be just as crap on long runs as my bike.

2008_Ducati_Hypermotard_1100S_1.jpg

xaus_hypermotard.jpg

I REALLLY wanted this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2005-DUCATI-MONSTER-S2R-RED_W0QQitemZ220287142900QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220287142900&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 but i could never afford that! the single sided swinging arm looks awesome.

BUT i cant get anything that new. so am going to save and get something like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280273792596

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
yeh but the thing that botherds me is I would really pefer a fuel injected bike... they are all carbed up till 2001
yeah that is why i want a 2001 S4 :)

carbs are great when you want to play with them, but annoying when you dont want to play with them and they decide to demand some attention, espcially on a windy rainy beach 230miles from home using a 2p piece as a screwdriver.

Tell me about it my suzuki has pretty much everything i can do to it done. the carb on it is an offroad flat slide makuni with accel pump think its a 40mm bore which is huge for a 350 thumper. I think Ive got it jetted about right. starts perfectly even in cold weather or from hot (and thats with the high compression 360cc wisco) which is good but its very funny. some days it will idle perfectly. the next day it will sometimes idle and sometimes stall.
Altho to be fair like the rest of the engine its not ment to idle its made to live on the throttle stop which is where all the fun happens. :)

a stable idle is for girly bikes. holding the throttle open slightly to stop it cutting out is the sign of a real bike. :D
(always been my excuse anyway)

Last edited:
As sad as this sounds im well happy with my insurance this year! my bike insurance is up on the 30th so i got a letter today with a renewal quote.

£228 fully comp with legal cover and recovery. bit of a drop from the £700 last year!
been on confused.com and can get it to about £180(y) so am going to ring swintons and see if they will match it.

But what im more happy about is maybe I can now afford to sell the suzuki and buy and insure a Ducati monster :devil::slayer::yum:

Give ebike a try - (no one could come even close to their quotes for the 'busa, not even aunty Carole)

You know what they call motorcyclists in hospital A+E departments ........ Donors.:(

a stable idle is for girly bikes. holding the throttle open slightly to stop it cutting out is the sign of a real bike. :D
(always been my excuse anyway)
LOL my first bike I had on L-plates was a honda xlr125 the REALLY old one (first to have monoshock) I used to have to blip the throttle on it like a 2 stroke. I only had it for 6months when i was 17 before passing my full test. I later found out that the idle mixture screw had fell out haha

Chopping the throttle at high revs/ high load (70mph+) on my bike sends monster flames out the zorst cos the accel pump. did it on the way to isle of wight at night with my mate following. scared the crap out of him. :devil: but it also almost launches you off the bike cos the engine breaking from the wisco:yum:

when you doing your test jug? not long before they change it and it costs a fortune (n)

You know what they call motorcyclists in hospital A+E departments ........ Donors.:(
Yeh I was told that by the ambulance driver after my accedent with a **** driving around a blind bend on the wrong side of the road. Still... there worth the risk:slayer:

when you doing your test jug?
its been on my list for years. i finally did my theory last summer, passed no probs. my CBT expired long ago so thats another £100. my main problem is paying for lessons and test. i bought a house in Feb so i doubt i'll be able to afford it until my partner graduates and get a job (summer 2010 at the earliest :cry:)

a good friend of mine passed summer 2007 and has since had a triumph speed triple. i've never really been keen on triumphs but his bike has defo changed my mind. its a beast.

lessons? you drive dont you? you have rode a bike?
I got my honda when i was 16 did my CBT at 17 (can only ride scooters at 16 and i wouldnt be seen dead on one haha) rode it around for 6months did 3 days of lessons with a test on the 3ed and passed.
the bike test is well easy.

Nothing like the car lessons with a lesson a week for like a year.

I like triumph cos there still the only real brit bike (still hand built here) BUT the build quality is not the great.

*edit*
Just got my car quote thru the post £720... b-arse-tards.

Last edited:
lessons? you drive dont you? you have rode a bike?
i rode on the road for 3 years, but i would still want 6 hours of lessons to re-learn the key things that they look for. its a lot more than lifesaver checks to pass these days. it became more difficult in october last year, but tbh i'm not concerned with the difficulty; only the cost.

Last edited:
Back