Technical xenon lights on twin air dropped to lowest setting.

Currently reading:
Technical xenon lights on twin air dropped to lowest setting.

I've just had my twin air plus back from the dealer as I had a shock absorber replaced under warranty. Now my xenon headlights seem to be stuck pointing at the ground. Would the dealer had to have disconnected anything before replacing the shock? Perhaps they forgot to reconnect the auto levelling?
I've already been back twice in a month, once for paint peeling off my front bumper like wallpaper (on going dispute). And secondly for the shock absorber. I don't want them claiming the headlights have a fault if its a simple fix that I could perform on the driveway.
Thanks in advance
:)

Not that it will make any difference to your Xenon healight levelling, did the dealer only replace one shock absorber? If so, at what mileage? Replacing only one shock is something I would never personally do, always in pairs, just like coil springs or drop links, but never one, especially if the car has a few k under its belt.

They need to connect it to examiner and recalibrate the lights, there's a sensor on the suspension arm.

Yep, they wouldn't do the pair under warranty so I'll be fitting the second one myself. Just seems like one thing after another at the moment. Thanks guys I'll have to pay a fourth visit in as many weeks. They'll probably charge me for the headlights as well no doubt! 24000 miles and two weeks out of warranty!

I jacked the car up tonight I flicked the sensor on the front wishbone one way then back to simulate suspension movement and the levelling has sorted itself out!! Weird... Could be coincidence and be an intermittent fault?
I'll check it again tomorrow night to see if its still playing up.

Back