Styling Xeno and halogen bulb together

Currently reading:
Styling Xeno and halogen bulb together

Wakka

Hi all,
I hope someone have already thinked about that: I'm looking for a way to put in my Bravo with Marea lights xeno bulbs keeping in the same time halogen bulbs.
The idea should be use halogen as default lights but, when I need more light, I can use xeno.
I was thinking to do this with H4 bulbs but it seems they have a different ray and they don't work properly in the Marea lens.
Does someone have some ideas?

Thank you

Why bother?

Put relays straight from battery and put some good bulbs there. I got Night Breaker Plus in mine and the setup is good enough in Finland.

Just make sure the lights are adjusted correctly.

There might be the possibility the reflectors have burned if they are original. I've opened mine and flipped the reflector upside down and patched the burned parts with polished aluminium tape.

Repairable
Unrepairable unless you recoat it
Nope

Hi and thank you for the reply.

I have already thinked about that kind of bulbs but they cost a lot and are very breakable.

My goal I'd like to be put together halogen and xeno.
I was thinking to put a bi-xeno len instead the default len on the marea light and normal bi-halogen instead of the high beams...

Less than 10€ per lamp is not bad in my books, and I still got the "original" nightbreakers in low beams and plus in in hi beams for over two years. And the orignal ones are supposed to be weak.

Feel free to modify, just word of caution, I want to smash headlights in most of second gen Octavias with HIDs becouse they blind everyone on low beams. Came with wrong adjustment from the factory. Don't do the same mistake.
Ofcourse they wont be legal anymore as the E-marking becomes voided when modifying with non-original bulbs.

Have you got some photo of the light with standard bulbs and one with Night Breaker Plus to check the difference?
An halogen, even if "special" like Night Breaker, is not a lot different from a normal bulb according to me and a lot of people in the web says that.

Well, I can try to get some pictures in a week or two as I am doing the relay conversion to my marea, which currently has whatever bulbs the headlights had in them in the junkyard.

I need to borrow a camera to have fixed aparture and shutter speed as I only have 35mm camera with those features.

The relay conversion is the kicker as on bravo/a/marea the current goes trough the stalk, the newer ones have little help by relay that handles low beams when hibeams are on, but that relay is under the steeringwheel. I place mine on top of the relaybox infront of the battery.

Bulbs with headlight on chair pointing to wall:
Original Osram
Littlebit brighter.

Well, the car is in bit further on the other ones, but not too much.
Low beams:
Original Relays+Osram
Hi beams:
Original Relays+Osram

On hi beams you can see the difference a bit better, but the pictures are not that great. They are brighter.

Last edited:
Hi and thank you for your photos.
Unfortunately it seems by them that the difference among Night Breaker (more than 20€) and low cost halogen (4€) is very very thin.
I will still looking for a way to implement xeno in the halogen (I am still thinking to to put a lens instead of high beam with xeno-halogen, but it is still working in progress).

Thank you again (y)

Back