Xbox 360 ModChips

Currently reading:
Xbox 360 ModChips

Searched the forum and I'm suprised no one has mentioned or talked about Chipping the ol' 360.

I've seen a couple chips on the Market for the 360, The 360 Glove and the 360 Globe.

I thought I'd ask the professionals of the forum their opions on modchipping or allowing the 360 to play copied games / games from all regioins etc and the best way to go about it.

Has a Boot Disc been released?

Anyone know anywhere to Chip a 360 or done it themselves?

ta :)

well its not like the xbox.
early 360's can be chipped but theres no need really.
you can flash the DVD drives firmware to boot copy discs. however it depends on the drive type plus M$ are now banning modded xbox's from xbox live.
also you need copy games with the correct security sector eg PAL for a PAL machine.

ive never flashed my 360 as my pc mobo wont see the drive but i'll get round to it

OK I now understand the above post in its entirety :confused:

The 360 must be chipped. I know someone who has it chipped who is currently playing online. I don't know the details of what servers they are using but its good for me.

Me lil bro also has a 360 Elite. Try catching him online on the Halo 3 servers. He goes by the title of:

NW Shadow Raven

i need to et back up to speed :eek: however last i checked you could only run games from the 360's native region
tbh the chance of being banned and losing my live account would put me off.
might not seem much but im starting afresh as my live account expired is a pain.
if M$ can they will start hardware banning 360's meaning you could end up with a 360 that cant be updated or access live

in relation to your post on pal 360's playing NTSC games it is true, i dont have a modded 360 and bought saints row off ebay not knowing it was NTSC until a mate spotted the label on the disc. so i thought oh well and i am not banned from live and my non-modded machine still plays it fine!

in relation to your post on pal 360's playing NTSC games it is true, i dont have a modded 360 and bought saints row off ebay not knowing it was NTSC until a mate spotted the label on the disc. so i thought oh well and i am not banned from live and my non-modded machine still plays it fine!

thats different,some games dont have region coding.its getting ones that are coded to play.
its down to how the security sector on the disc is coded

oh ok i diddnt know that, well they say you learn something new every day.
oh and ive just noticed youve changed your gamertag i sent a request on your old tag so got to sort that out lol.

another relevant thing i notice is that on most of my friends 360's the pre-owned games that you buy from blockbuster dont work on thiers and give errors while trying to read them, yet on mine they are fine and can play them, saying that my 360 is alot newer then most of them so it could be a different drive inside it.

Back