General X250 electrical issue, please help.

Currently reading:
General X250 electrical issue, please help.

Under the NS headlamp is a wiring loom going to the fuse Box/ECU. It touches a round steel tube that can rust, giving it a surface like sandpaper, chafe away the insulation and do all sorts of funny things to the electrics. Its easily missed when you don't expect a smooth round tube to chafe through a wiring loom

Under the NS headlamp is a wiring loom going to the fuse Box/ECU. It touches a round steel tube that can rust, giving it a surface like sandpaper, chafe away the insulation and do all sorts of funny things to the electrics. Its easily missed when you don't expect a smooth round tube to chafe through a wiring loom

Thanks :) Yes, definitely also a thing to check. One of the many things ive gone trough. Ive gone trough every wire and plug pin under there. Freaking nightmare to do :(

Ive had quite a bit of electrical issues with this van. The worst one was:
- BADLY corroded eart from battery to chassis.
- The typical corroded engine earth strap (I now have two)
- Nightmare of bad soldering from a old GPS unit that was hot wired in everywhere behind the dash. (loose cables randomly touching and creating flash shortcuts)

But the most annoying issue is the water inlet, which ive spent allot of time to "patch.

Now i just need to install Cruice control and fix that damn Airco haha.

Old cars, what a joy :)

Ok, in case anyone encounters similar issues:

A second replacement of the Fuel Pressure Regulator (The one attached to fuel pump) seemed to have solved the issue.

The first regulator i replaced with a cheap aftermarket one (brand:STARK). I've now replaced with original part via local fiat dealer.

So in short: "Issue(s) fixed by replaced fuel pressure regulator" Fiat part number 966552338
Hi,
Thanks for posting result and fix very helpful.
Another black mark against stark autodoc own label parts.
Jack

Back