Technical wow, this ones got me!

Currently reading:
Technical wow, this ones got me!

in over 2 years of owning 4 fiats i have my first ever problem that i havent caused myself or been able to find a solution to, i think thats mighty impressive!

the Marea (2.0 20v 147 version thouse who dont know me) is running a high idle, idling around the 1250rpm mark.

so my first thought was the ICV has jammed, much injector cleaning spray later and it was back together and the idle had only changed a little....Hmmmm!

next thought was maybe the MAF has packed it, took it out and it appeared okay, started the engine and it was rev hunting, well thats obviously doing somthing then!

went back to the ICV and cleaned it again with no effect on the issue.....

i can only guess that the thermo might be stuck now or the ICV has completely gone....

you thoughts?

i have spares for both but didnt get a chance to try the spare ICV, will try it a bit later if you think it might be the cause.

Thankies!

all guages are fine and no warning lights on.

just to add when the engines cold its idling 750-800rpm like it should when warmed up but instead when warmed up its running 1250 :(

still think temp sensor? its the only spare i dont have :bang:

Well i got fed up and sent the car for a diagnostics, came back with ICV being shot, so anyone know where i can get one? shop4parts dont seem to supply them and google isnt helping :confused:

hopefully my experience will save someone £30 for a diagnostics

hi it does sound like the butterfly in the throttle body ive had it on a golf gti mk4 and a astra bertone coupe.just need to clean it out very well.

Back