Seicento Would 15" alloys with 185/45/15 tyres fit on an 01 seicento sporting

Currently reading:
Seicento Would 15" alloys with 185/45/15 tyres fit on an 01 seicento sporting

Hi guys.

I recently aquired my first car, an 01 Seicento Sporting, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I'm thinking of putting wider tyres on it but I couldn't find any wider in 13" or 14" so my only option was 15"s however this results in larger wheels overall and I was wondering if 15" alloys with 185/45/1 5 tyres would fit without altering the wheel arches

Welcome to the forum!
Yes they will fit but no you don't want to do that running a standard 1108 engine as it will take and age to get moving.
Best thing to do is keep the sporting alloys and upgrade tyres to 175/50/13.
Failing that a set of abarth alloys.

Hi there
there seems to be some dabate of which tyres to use, yokohama or Maxxis but i think the general concensus is Nankangs are second best - there isn't loads of choice in 13"
i have run a set of Yokohama 175 50/13 on sporting alloys for a few weeks and have fallen in love with them
grip levels are mindblowing - not much keeps up with you on windy lanes or roundabouts and no nasty bodywork rubbing issues

once time i tryed forged R14 wheels with 195 60 14 good year eagle f1 tyres

grip incredible great but scratch on every move (

only 1 photo of these wheels

fiatforum.com/gallery/showfull.php?photo=121387

and 175/45R14 tyres unreasonable expensive

then i setup 205/60R13 on widened steel wheels almost ok on a straight road ) but in turns still scratched

unfortunally i havent photo of this setup

and then i got lucky to find magnesium R13 wheels BLMZ (this factory usualy made wheels to jetliners and helicopters) these type of wheels in 80-90 used rallye vaz and vaz have the same bolt pattern 4*98 *)

look like this

fiatforum.com/gallery/data/3931/Djr4axlhn8M.jpg

make white powder coating
on image winter tyres 155/70R13

and now i dreaming about this for summer setup

fiatforum.com/gallery/data/3931/1417532718054_bulletin.jpeg

yes they have another bolt pattern ( but i have cnc milling machine *))

the tyres will brigestone 155 65 13

195/45/14s will fit fine. (But you need 6J wheels of the right diameter). This is a better choice than the 5.5J Abarth wheels because: it'll affect the gearing very little (the 185/50/14s that folk use on the 5.5Js raise it a fair bit) and Faulken and Uniroyal make very decent tyres at a sane price in that size.

You can then fit bigger brakes!

195/45/14s will fit fine. (But you need 6J wheels of the right diameter). This is a better choice than the 5.5J Abarth wheels because: it'll affect the gearing very little (the 185/50/14s that folk use on the 5.5Js raise it a fair bit) and Faulken and Uniroyal make very decent tyres at a sane price in that size.

You can then fit bigger brakes!

If you're going to change the wheels/tyres this will help-
http://www.alloywheels.com/Tyre_Calculator
Keep as close to the original circumference as possible, go too big & your Sei will accelerate like a dope smoking snail.
Lancia & Alfa are a good source for second hand alloys.
As it's your first car a word of warning- have you checked with your insurers if it will increase your premium? Insurers prefer unmodified cars & some (but not all) will whack you in the wallet if you change anything. Check first!
....& get the best tyres you can afford (what price do you put on your life?). You'll find tyrereviews.co.uk a useful site.

Back