Styling Wiring neons

Currently reading:
Styling Wiring neons

bredsticz

I like to be different!
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hi all, would I be able to splice these into my sidelights or cig lighter without actually plugging it in?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/7-5FT-El-wire-glow-wire-cool-neon-car-inverter-Blue_W0QQitemZ110361999166QQcategoryZ72237QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m8QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DMW%26its%3DC%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8103712916527711136

Im not much of an electrical person so wasn't sure if I can cut that connector off to wire it, cheers

dont see why not mate, just cut off the cig plug and split the wires then youl havew negative and positive wire.(y)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Please dont.

LMAO! They are for inside the car, although I have been warming to the idea of under car neons! Lay down underneath to top up my tan :p

Was going to wire a switch in aswell. There is an unused button where the fog light switch etc is, anyway of turning that into a button switch or will I need the spring etc? Don't know if they are behind or not

Also, how many things could I wire into the cig lighter circuit untill it caused electrical problems?

Last edited:
LMAO! They are for inside the car, although I have been warming to the idea of under car neons! Lay down underneath to top up my tan :p

Was going to wire a switch in aswell. There is an unused button where the fog light switch etc is, anyway of turning that into a button switch or will I need the spring etc? Don't know if they are behind or not

Also, how many things could I wire into the cig lighter circuit untill it caused electrical problems?

well i have 8 neons to mine and still fine, mine are all wired through an inverter than i got with the footwell neons so they go through that first lol

make sure you wire these correctly as not using an inline fuse and proper wire connectors could cause a fire. And if your insurance cmpany found out the wire was due to bodged wiring they wouldnt pay out

cigarette lighter is 12v so you would need the correct inverters

its not easy to use that spare button on centre console as there is a PCB board directly behind it

Yeah I took my spare one apart, it means soldering a switch and resistors onto the board and wiring into the pin connector etc so too much effort for my liking. Inverter comes with it so Ill keep that attached (y)

i just made my own circuit up....its not hard......wire from battery to inline fuse to switch......from switch to you lights.......to ground it jus connect it to a bolt somewere or to the negative terminal on your battery.....ill get a pic up of the switch i did

(y) What type of switch you use brin? and where did you put it?

i used a switch that came with my footwell neons its just a normal toggle switch i think lo iit is on the positive feed red wire before the inverter i have mine.

3131233_30_full.jpg

like that switch in pic the one with the blue light on it, but mine doesnt have a light this is onlly pic i could find on google lol

Back