Technical wire colour codes

Currently reading:
Technical wire colour codes

anthonytutton

Hi all.

Does anybody have a diagram for the audio system? Ive had the iSO plug out of the rear of the stereo, but i need to know what speaker wires go where? I want to tap in to these wires using an iso connector so i leave the original block intact. So what colour wires go to the left, and which colour to the right speakers?
Would this info be on the workshop cd?

I would also like to know what wires come from the steering control stalk. although, i think thats on the can bus system?

Have a look in the sound system manual, I think the wiring diagrams in there. If not, I'll have a look elsewhere for you. unless someone knows off the top op their head.

Never fear, clarky's on the case :D

One thing you can do to narrow it down is look for 4 pairs of wires that are the same colour, they're you speaker cables.

Deckchair5

Whaddya mean too old?
And to narrow it down still further, to find out which wires are for which side, just touch a 1 1/2volt battery to the most likely wires and you'll hear the speaker on one side give a little thump ( if not then try again with different wires). Absolutely dead certain which wires connect to which side speaker then

That sounds like a good idea, especially as I can't make any sense of my eLearn disc :bang:

On the E-learn disk are schematics for the radio and all other electric equipment - the wires are codes in Italian abbreviations.
attached you'll find an explanation of the wiring codes in German - translate them to English and you will know which wire you are handling...

https://www.fiatforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32699&stc=1&d=1189784742

good luck,
Gertautogek

Attachments

• kabelboom kleurcode fiat.JPG
    kabelboom kleurcode fiat.JPG
    211.6 KB · Views: 3,668
OP
OP
anthonytutton

anthonytutton

So which codes are for the four speakers?

I know what set of wires in the iso are for the speakers, so i guess all i got to do is use the wiring colour guide, and find the matching coloured wires in the iso block.

Thanks for the replies...(y)

bozzy

Veracocha
Anthony, heres the pic I said I would send.

Pair of identical Brown = Rear right
Dark Purple & Blue/Orange = Rear left
Grey/Pink = Front left
Brown/Grey = Front right

Attachments

• CIMG0097.JPG
    CIMG0097.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 572
Last edited:
That's the batt +ve and memory power both wired into the batt +ve, right Boz? I've done this too after a mate of mine told me to, was never sure why though, would make sense if the yellow is the radio memory though. :rolleyes:

j0nny

*custom name*
my looms dont have an ignition feed, just the +12V live memory feed, so onli way 2 operate the radio atm is by a permanent live so im gona have to try create an ignition feed somehw, it can be done, lol :D

RobConn

12v+ Ign could be fed from the cigar lighter surely? unless the stilo is more arse about face than i thought.