General Wiper arms

Currently reading:
General Wiper arms

cottyp12

Hi thanks in advance what is the best way to remove wiper arms as I'm looking at cleaning the duck bills as my drivers side has fell out and I cannot get it back in without removing the scuttle panel or is there another solution 🤔🤔

Hi thanks in advance what is the best way to remove wiper arms as I'm looking at cleaning the duck bills as my drivers side has fell out and I cannot get it back in without removing the scuttle panel or is there another solution 🤔🤔
Personally I would sooner struggle a little and fit the duck bills without stripping everything. Re the wipers, after nut removals and in the correct parked position, I would run some oil around the spline area, then just push with the palm of my hand on the fixed alloy part of the arm and if lucky the grip on the tapered spline will let go. There is tools to extract but I prefer "love and kindness" the gentle approach. I would say be careful when re locating them, my daughter had a windscreen fitted and the fitter didn't locate the arm correctly managing to break it, he tried to wriggle out of it but I was able to convince him it was "operator error" rightly! The cost of the arm was more than the windscreen excess.:(

Back