General Winter stories....

Currently reading:
General Winter stories....

Let's hear your winter stories with a Fiorino....!!!
My Fiorino Pick-Up Diesel is just perfect for icy, slippery roads.
Put some decent Pirelli winter tyres on, and it just goes on and on...!
The heavy engine in front gives perfect traction in snow, I never got stuck during the past weeks, while other cars just slide of the road in front of me, etc....
The engine just fires up every morning, no matter how cold, car heats up fast....idial winter car imo.
So let's hear your Fiorino (winter) stories....!!!

(y)

No more Fiorino's used during winter anymore...???
Anyway, wintertires are of and the 14" alloys are back on again!
Went to the Techno Classica ( largest classic car event in the world) in Essen, Germany, yesterday.
Almost 2,5 hours drive on the Autobahn at (nearly) full throttle, in the evening again 2,5 hours back home, so that's about 5 hours full speed with an almost 18 years old car, without problems of course....!!

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Winter is here again soon....
Wintertires are back on, car is prepared for the worst...!!

Cant afford winter tyres. So will be keeping the same ones on (i.e what ever ones are the cheapest!). Still have a spare set of wheels with new tyres that I rescused from the last one before I scrapped it.

The last van did ok in the Snow though, only got stuck once when I tried to turn it round in about 3 ft of fresh snow.

Is there a 4wd version of the Fiorino, I guess that would be useful :)

No 4-wheel drive Fiorino, I'm afraid.
Well, wintertires aren't that expensive, keep in mind, you're summer tires don't wear in the winter, and your winter tires don't wear in summer, if you have two sets.
I use my Pick Up as a daily driver to get to work, I drive about 50-60 mls every day, it's important for me to get there in time, so that's why I use winter tires, been doing it for about 10 years now, I'm very happy with it.

I've been using my Pickup through the recent bad weather/snow and I have to say its been superb! Starts without any issues, the skinny tires provide excellent traction even with ordinary tyres and even braking feels much safer than my other cars with ABS that goes crazy in snow...

Only issue I've had is the door locks keep freezing solid, has taken me a good five minutes to get in some mornings!

My Fiorino Panorama also starts everytime, even when the temp drops below -20C. No winterproblems except that it could use a new set of wintertires.

Attachments

• DSC_0765-1.JPG
    DSC_0765-1.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 18
Back