Window Tinting GP

Currently reading:
Window Tinting GP

Richard09

Hi There..

Not sure if this is the right place but tinting windows is for security. (and looks;))
I'm 18, and have 1 year NCB.
I gig in my dads band, and often lug guitars, amps, PA equipment around with me. So i rang my insurance to check about tinting, prices on premium etc. They said; "you can tint your windows, providing its done by Fiat."

So my question is, can you pay Fiat to tint your windows? I've been looking around the forum and fiats website but can't seem to find anything?
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Richard

Phone them again sometimes the person on the phone just makes things up as they go along. I very much doubt that was their final stipulation. If anything they would have meant the standard tint that all modern cars come with.

Cars that come with tinted windows come with the tint in the glass or sprayed on as a coating, but majority it is part of the glass.

If you get it done after building the car, it will be a stick on film attached to the inside face of the glass.

You can't add the proper tint into the glass after its made, you'd have to replace all the glass you want tinted.

Easy way to tell if a tint is factory or not is to look at the edges of rear window. They have as standard a fade in pattern around the edge, if the film is in the glass you won't see anything around the edge, if it is aftermarket you'll see a faint silvered shadow around the little black bits that make up the edging of the glass. This is becasue the black edge of the glass is painted on afterwards and is proud of the glass surface so the film will never properly sit. Another give away is the window heating wires. On cars with tints as standard, the tint is outside of the wires so you won't see them at all. If the tint is aftermarket you'll see the brown, or grey wires very clearly!

Back