GP broken into - how?!?!

Currently reading:
GP broken into - how?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abd08

Hi All,

I have a GP 1.2 Active (current verision - 2007 I think (AG06 plate))).

Someone broke into my boot and stole a fair few items without causing any physical damage as far as I can tell, and not activating the alarm.

Any ideas how this could have happened? Any way to stop it happening again? The car was definitely locked.

At my parents place nearby, I know for them and their friends, even on their high-end cars (BMW, Merc, Maserati) they have come back to them in the morning and found them open or stuff stolen on several ocassions - my parents have just stopped leaving anything in the car. Once someone has captured a key press, are you done for life?

Any insights would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi All,

I have a GP 1.2 Active (current verision - 2007 I think (AG06 plate))).

Someone broke into my boot and stole a fair few items without causing any physical damage as far as I can tell, and not activating the alarm.

Any ideas how this could have happened? Any way to stop it happening again? The car was definitely locked.

At my parents place nearby, I know for them and their friends, even on their high-end cars (BMW, Merc, Maserati) they have come back to them in the morning and found them open or stuff stolen on several ocassions - my parents have just stopped leaving anything in the car. Once someone has captured a key press, are you done for life?

Any insights would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Rajiv

gp doesnt have an alarm (unless you have had one fitted?)

BMW's use a rolling code so doubt that someone is grabbing the code as the one they grab is useless and there is something silly like 500,000 codes

i know it sounds daft but you hadnt hit the boot opener whilst in the house have you which has popped the boot the range on my key is in excess of 50 meters (even though the battery is 3 years old)

Ah... so it's just remote central locking... darn!

I am 99.9% sure that the car was not accidentally opened or the boot left open/opened via the key. I also don't believe they entered the car to press the boot release to access the boot, as the doors were locked this morning.

However, that implies they accessed the boot without a key, or without pressing the button in the car itself. I assume the probability here is very low indeed? More likely my memory is at fault?

To be honest, although the loss is what it is, my worry is that next time I pop down to the shops, then over to say the local shopping center, my car is open to thieves (without necessarily causing physical damage). I've learned my lesson and won't leave anything of value in the car, but don't want to be left paranoid. Will invest in an alarm as well, mistakenly thought remote central locking = alarm installed :mad:

Scrotes have targetted the house/parents cars several times... think I was robbed when parked at theirs (we were all out for about 3 hours). Rich area so my GP wouldn't normally have been targetted... guilty by association I guess.

Ah... so it's just remote central locking... darn!

I am 99.9% sure that the car was not accidentally opened or the boot left open/opened via the key. I also don't believe they entered the car to press the boot release to access the boot, as the doors were locked this morning.

However, that implies they accessed the boot without a key, or without pressing the button in the car itself. I assume the probability here is very low indeed? More likely my memory is at fault?

The boot press inside the car wont work when the car is locked (go and try it sit in the car lock with remote then press boot button on dash) but take the keys into the house and have someone watch the car press the unlock/ lock/ boot button i check mine regularly and put the keys somewhere safe so they dont get knocked

Cant see how they managed it TBH all the wiring to the boot lid is secure unlike some cars and there is no boot lock to "pick"............... not saying which how or why for obvious reasons

then again what ever happened just be thankful they didn't smash a window or try the screwdriver in the lock

Thanks for the feedback, feel better knowing it's almost certainly me rather than the car. Lesson learned.

Thanks,
Rajiv

besides i could break into any car, care to lend us a brick mike?

What you want a heavy bulky brick for?

resqme-02-800x600.jpg

:devil:

errr care to enlighten the masses how you manage to do that on the boot of a Grande punto...

:rumour:Hint: there is no boot lock to pick on the GP as there is no lock

:doh:

Dont have to pick the boot lock do they :rolleyes:, I assume they've got a boot lever inside the car and door locks???

so how do you get in in the first place:confused:

the door, I know he said doors were still locked but could of locked them after, might be bit pointless locking after but if theres 0 damage and multiple different cars been done then that will pretty much rule out an exploit in the system somewhere, and lock picking - racking isn't that hard to do just look on youtube.

Also theres also the use of slim jims etc.

Anyway the point is an alarm triggered by the door being open + shock is always best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back