Will this be a Write off in todays market?

Currently reading:
Will this be a Write off in todays market?

kezman7

2002 Punto 1.2 Active, 60ishk on the clock, Paid 3k from dealer about 3-4 years ago

Got T-boned while crossing a main road yesterday by a Golf. Door wont open atm

Whats your thoughts?

25122001.jpg

25122010.jpg

it depends if the dents can get pulled or not, if not then its gonna be a massive job to do by basically getting a whole new side of the car (n)
Unlucky about the accident though, hope your okay!

Thankfully my mum was alone, she usually has my 3 week old neice in the car she only left her at home as she was only popping up road to pick me, my sister and grandad up.

I have looked at buying a new quarter to get welded in but is her only car and needs it for work, taking sisters to school ect so needs sorting asap, hopfully thought insurance will be good for once and get it sorted!

We had a similar bash on mrs 850's stilo a couple of years ago . The bill was £1800. The problem was the insurance insisted on putting on a new door If you could get a s/h door same colour etc you might save some money and do a deal with the assessor to get it fixed at below trade/right-off price. The important thing tho is that no one was hurt.
Remember a total loss claim means that your insurance is cancelled at payout with no premium refund.

Last edited:
I have looked but cant find a passenger door, drivers doors 3 but no passenger.

I dont understand the last bit about payout?

Thanks

Ive been told by a friend in the insurance business that if you have a total loss on a policy, and the insurance pays out on that policy,then it no longer exists as such. Even if you are a few days into the policy then no other refunds of premium would be paid to you, as they (the insurer)had paid out on the insured risk ie. the car on the policy. You may need to take advice as you are involved with a third party. All Im saying is 'think before you jump' with the claim, and ask questions of your insurer. Best of luck

take a look at www.intapart.com for spares

Last edited:
If you pay for insurance by monthly instalments, and your car is written off, then you will have to pay the remainder of the instalments, even though the policy will be cancelled and you will receive no further benefit from it.

However, if you are insured with Direct Line, are involved in a 'no fault' accident and your car is written off, then they will transfer the remainder of the term of the existing policy to your replacement car at their normal rates, provided they can recover all their costs from the third party.

Last edited:
With the total apyour situation, it will be bespoke to each insurer!, you might get lucky, and get new terms, but once you make a claim, your contract comes up for an automatic renewal as such, where they can enforce new rules, or cancel.

Well been qouted at 3,000 to repair. Now i know that's factoring for a brand new door ect but we have a door the same colour at home anyway so that should knock that cost down significantly.

payout of £1040 and car back for £112. So gota decide weather to break it or just bash the cill and keep using it now.

Its my mums car, im hoping to break it im not entirely sure what's she done about payout ATM, accepted it or not yet. I'm pretty sure its the same colour ye its just winter dirty in the pica

Well been qouted at 3,000 to repair. Now i know that's factoring for a brand new door ect but we have a door the same colour at home anyway so that should knock that cost down significantly.

Won't matter. Insurance repair will have to be new parts.

payout of £1040 and car back for £112. So gota decide weather to break it or just bash the cill and keep using it now.
I assume your claiming from from the other partys insurance?

If so they've no right to salvage so feel free to tell them to stick taking £112 up their backside.

Also I'd refuse the £1040. Should easily get £1200 I'd have said.

Back