Wii U - anyone?

Currently reading:
Wii U - anyone?

Well, seeing that it was my birthday recently and I got some money - I decided to buy a Wii U :eek:

I ended up with the 32GB Premium Pack, Nintendo Land, ZombiU, Lego City Undercover, Pro Controller and a Remote Plus :eek: I already have a Wii so have 2 normal white remotes/nunchucks.

The whole lot came to under £290, which included using an Amazon voucher from TCB - although interestingly the price of the premium console went up a few days ago from £199 to £245. The £199 price tag was one reason why I purchased the controller and ZombiU separately because it worked out way cheaper than the bundle PLUS you get Nintendo Land as well.

So far so good :D I have done the transfer from the old console to the new one - Miis, game saves, DLCs - without a hitch. It is backwards compatible with all Wii games and controllers.

As for the gaming experience, pretty darn good so far - with the Gamepad really making a difference to certain games, plus of course allowing a rather unique multiplayer experience.

Anyone else have one? I guess not :D

Last edited:
Considering I have 3 kids here [well 1 plus mine whenever they come over], then all is good :D

Personally, I can't see myself buying a PS4 or Xbox One at launch or even within a year of launch.

Still, loving it so far and no complaints :)

I bought one as a Christmas present for 'the family' and have to say well done to Stu for getting a better deal than I did!

My favourite game, and the main reason for purchasing the console initially, is still ZombiU - I whiled away many dark winter nights scaring myself with that one. I've found a few good ones available for free download - the retro games are pretty cool - but what I've got my eyes on next is the Need For Speed title... have you tried that?

Also, same as you; can't see myself buying a PS4 even within a year of launch, no matter how tempting the new Gran Turismo looks! ;)

Need For Speed Most Wanted U - that's the one.

I got lucky on eBay a month or so back and snagged a nearly-new copy for about £30 inc. delivery - bargain! Obviously, I wasn't expecting Gran Turismo in terms of realism, but it is very accessible, very good looking... and extremely fast!

The extra features offered in the WiiU version make it a good laugh to play with a friend, too - the copilot can use the Control Pad to help navigate, or tweak vehicle settings during the race.

I'd certainly recommend it, although I would think twice about paying RRP... ;)

I got mine new on Amazon for around £17.50 a month or so back, it is definitely fun :D

Just waiting to order 'Wii Party U' once it gets released this week, then Lego Marvel Super Heroes next month :eek:

Back