General Why is my new 500 pre-reg?

Currently reading:
General Why is my new 500 pre-reg?

When I bought mine the dealer gave me a list of about 50 registrations I could choose from. I

Have I missed something here? I've not been given any choice of registrations - or do they wait to do that until the car is ready to ship - assume they don't know if mine going to be an 08 or a 58 yet anyway? I don't really care what reg I have but if I'm missing out on a choice......... assume you used Westover Fiat too?

As regards rejecting the car cus of the number plate - I'd love to have my 500 parked in my driveway right now and unless the numberplate was something offensive I wouldn't reject it, no. I wouldn't wait more months just to get a different reg of my choosing.

I didn't get any choice of registration, to be honest, it's no biggie in the grand scheme of things.

Is it YAK or YUK? there is a Ford Focus in the car park at work and it has a number plate something like SH51 ITE or something like that and it always makes me chuckle as it looks like 's h i t e' (quite literally).

Don't let this spoil your excitement, you are getting your car!

Last edited:
It had changed from ending in 'GUD' to ending in 'YAK'. :mad:

Oh my GUD, I can't believe it, sorry, couldn't resist:eek:

I doubt very much that the system has changed, they've probably mucked something up and tried to fob you off as certain plates are on registered in the same area (first 2 letters) so it's more than probably on another car they've sold:mad:

Have a moan and get some more freebies thrown in:p

Then get a £250 personalised plate from the DVLA with 500 in it somewhere(y)

Jon.

Have I missed something here? I've not been given any choice of registrations?

Heidi, When a dealer has a lot of cars to register they apply for a batch of registration numbers which are then allocated to the cars , in no particular order. Some dealers might offer you the chance to choose a number from this list, others might not even think about it. If you ask (as I did) if you can pick a reg from the ones thet have been allocated I am sure that they will oblige. You never know there might be something relevant to you but probably not.

assume you used Westover Fiat too?

No, I used an online broker and the best deal that I got meant buying it from a Fiat dealer in Essex.

You could have had a pre reg one from a car supermarket for near enough 2k off list price, so I felt sympathy for you then, but its not pre reg after all and if your number plate is the only gripe Id say ask for freebies then forget it and enjoy your wee car. ;)

I keep seeing one with a reg ending S O D.
That makes me chuckle.:yuck:

GOT IT NOW!!!
Nice car, done about 35 miles, enjoyin it!

Will try post pictures this weekend.

You've done 35 miles in it, it has currently got 35 miles on the clock, or it had 35 miles when you collected it:confused:

A dealership can't legally sell a car as new if it has over 20 miles on the clock! You know the phrase 'you loose thousands as soon as you drive it off of the forecourt'? Well technically its when you turn 20 miles.(y)

Jon.

You've done 35 miles in it, it has currently got 35 miles on the clock, or it had 35 miles when you collected it:confused:

A dealership can't legally sell a car as new if it has over 20 miles on the clock! You know the phrase 'you loose thousands as soon as you drive it off of the forecourt'? Well technically its when you turn 20 miles.(y)

Jon.

Mine had 30 miles on it when I picked it up, and it was definitely new, cos I was allowed to pick my reg number from a list!:confused:

Mine had 30 miles on it when I picked it up, and it was definitely new, cos I was allowed to pick my reg number from a list!:confused:

O dear :(, Looks like your car could have been used in a testdrive maybe:mad: I think it sucks when dealerships want to do this. Hyandi wanted me to test drive someones car because I wanted to test drive an auto which they didn't have. I said no, thats wrong, and promptly left.;)

mine had 1 mile on clock and that was from the salesman going for petrol whilst we waited to take delivery :) 30 miles is quite far you know !! sheffield to manchester infact

Sounds nice and low. Our Toyota had 13 on the clock when we got her.

Jon.

Back