General whoaaaa!!!

Currently reading:
General whoaaaa!!!

antsuno2

Established member
nicked that from drag he he just thought i'd let you all know that theres quite a few UT's on ebay at the mo, its that time of the year, get rid now before they rust more over the winter, money for xmas, get a new ride in march , ready for the summer, seams to happen every year, anyway its a perfect time to pick up a turb cheap, i know there are a lot of visitors to this site who dont actualy own a UT so nows your chance, theres a mk1 antiskid, but i'd take the white H mk2 that neads welding, and lives near me, any this is where mine will be sleeping over the winter, my car cover he he!!

Attachments

• antsgolf 010.jpg
    antsgolf 010.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
Thats one lucky car, i tell you if they all slept inside at night out of the rain they'd be in much better condition! Mine has it good but yours in luxury!

Tom

I get moaned at all the time spending so much time in there, but its my workshop where i rebuilt the UT, and is a busy place, so you have to be comfy warm and dry he he, uno sleeps outside tonight as my mates is in there, painting and fitting his M5 bumpers,

Attachments

• Ants photos 2 058.jpg
    Ants photos 2 058.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 15
  • antsgolf 011.jpg
    antsgolf 011.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 20
  • ANTMAN PHOTO 087.jpg
    ANTMAN PHOTO 087.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 25
Where are you based Ant? Do you want to spray my uno when its rerady? Its fiat white 210 and i have the a silly amount of 2pac already. I obviously dont expect a free lunch either so would offer mula..?

Tom

I would love to help you mate, i seem to help everyone else, they seem to turn up on a sunday (ants not doing anything we'l pop round and he'l fix my car for free) you dont seem to be doing so bad on your own, you get stuck in, some people spend to much time on there pc chatting instead of rubbing (ME INCLUDED) and now the weather is against us, like poor drag he's been fettling his UT for a while, but at least he's got his mate mk1 rob to help, i think his car may be reborn for next year, its all about commitment and the love for your FIAT UNO IE TURBO, mine took 4 blloody years, what a relief when i finished her and put a few thousand miles on her reliably, my UT is also 210 bianco great looking on an uno, realy shows off the shape, i remember when you bought the paint, i think you got stung there as its £40 a litre up here you can get all the paint, thinners, hardner, activator, for under £80, get cracking mate i want to see her with a shine before the summer, there will be plenty of help on here from us all good luck ANT

Excellent stuff ANT! (y)

Hey just one thing - in the first photo that's not an Uno! I'm sure it isn't?

Your words ring very true. I find that everybody tries to turn up on a Sunday here, as well. My garage is always full of semi-finished jobs - I just love your setup with the TV and stereo, I began to wonder if you lived in your garage! :eek: that wouldn't be a great idea due to the buildup of fumes. My Uno seems to give off a dense aura of petrol and oil which would probably be carcinogenic to live next to.

And that's before I start painting :rolleyes: I know exactly how it is with the weather against you... That's a nice clean white Uno you're replacing the bumpers on. I recognise the masking technique as well, exactly the same here right down to the pattern of the newspaper sheets on the windscreen... I sometimes use the 3M plastic film that comes on a roll, which is most useful if you're painting the roof or something that requires most of the car to be masked, but for smaller areas newspaper wins every time - always the risk of paint flaking off the plastic and blowing into the job. The 'professionals' say to not use newspaper, but I've never had a problem (though it helps to keep the edge with the tiny holes away from the paint).

You have a decent compressor there... looks like about 14cfm? I'm still making-do with 8...

Wouldn't it be nice to have an air-fed mask, while we're talking about two-pack paint... instead I guess we're killing ourselves in the same way on both sides of the world!

Of course I have to agree with your comments on good old 210 - white never went out of fashion here... though it's a pity that there's four shades of 210 in the paint book: yellow-ish, more-yellow-ish, green-ish, and 'pure white'. I went for yellow-ish and as you can see, the bonnet (resprayed) is not quite the same as the right-front wing (original), with the RF wing being yellower, but when you go around to the left side (bonnet, LF wing, door all resprayed with the same paint), the left-rear quarter is less-yellow than the new paint... so I couldn't have done any better with the match since it's halfway between two colours already on the car!

I'm thinking of making my Uno a little more luxurious with some sound-deadening, refitting the air conditioning, and installing a nice stereo, though it's so much fun to drive with no seats and no headlining - the rear suspension rides noticeably higher with the ~60kg weight removed. I've eliminated all the rattles at last (rear brakes and worn tailgate hinges), though the tailgate popped open when I booted it out onto the road this evening (for the first time in well over a month).

Seeing it posed in the supermarket carpark, I was pleasingly surprised by the shine on my paint, polished ages ago (except the new paint that hasn't been touched). That's what living in a garage does for it. It also slows the inevitable door rust bubbles (I have one 'spider' in the driver's door) right down.

Now if I can only fix the Croma parked outside (which belongs to someone else) I could start working on my Uno Turbo again...

-Alex

Attachments

• IMG_4872.JPG
    IMG_4872.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Wish I had a double garage like that so I can work on the car in relative comfort and in the dry. My house has a typical single garage and I'm sure the guy that penned the design must have driven a midget car. It is so bad that I've even considered moving house just to get a double garage, that would be rather expensive though.

lol you remember me buying the paint! Crumbs you have a better memory than me!! I nearly bought a compressor etc etc but as i live away from home and the uno so cant take over the garage with spray booth. I think to be honest i would suck at spraying, i dont have the patience! I do have a friend of a friend who will spray it for so can fall back on him i've always been concerned his shed isnt a safe place for my baby! lol

Tom

serin said:
are you sure youve not managed to park the car in your kitchen somehow :chin:

I must admit that I kind of thought the same, and that Ant had removed the front of his house and parked a car in it :p

Wish I had a garage. I guess I'm lucky to have a private driveway to work on my car, but it's no fun in the winter when it's cold, wet and windy :( Or in the summer when it's not so cold, wet and windy :bang:

Last edited:
Back