Technical White steaks on Punto paintwork

Currently reading:
Technical White steaks on Punto paintwork

ahealy

Hi,

I was hoping you guys could identify the cause of the strange white streaks down the side of my Punto Mk2.

Initially I thought they would just rub off easy but on further inspection they seem pretty tough. Any special method to remove these without damaging the original paint or laquire?

If I run my finger across a steak it does feel slightly raised so I think it is on top of the paintwork and not exposed undercoat.

What coased the marks I do not know. They were there when I bought the car.

20140928_160727.jpg

20140928_160737.jpg

20140928_160758.jpg

20140928_160839.jpg

20140928_161016.jpg

They honestly look like somebody has hit your car my friend

You'll need something abrasive like 3000grit or some gritty polish (high level of cut) to remove it

But they dont look right

Wonder if it was scratched before you - somebody put some paint via a felt pen to cover it up - you've washed it and it's washed away?

Ziggy

Oh no its alright. The car was like this when I bought it. No attempt had been made to hide the scratches or fill the dents. The damage to the door also rusty bonnet was reflected in the price I paid for the vehicle.

I was told the major dent was caused by several run-away shopping trolleys =p As for the scratches I do not know.

That was not done by a trolley as all the marks have a sharp start point in a line. Either the previous owner caught the corner of a wall or edge of a gate whilst turning right or they had a door opened into the side of the car.

Try some metalic t cut on it. It is amazing how much t cut and elbow grease followed by several coats of coloured wax polish can do. My punto was covered in scratches when I got it but after t cut and three wash and colour polish sessions the paint is starting to shine again. Well except the faded bumpers that is.

Last edited:
Back