General White dials

Currently reading:
General White dials

Hey guys,
I finally got round to changing my dials of the dashboard. I made them white. They are not perfect though as the size isnt quite good. Still I think I did a good job for a first attempt. I also changed the bulbs and now light blue instead of green. Will post pics later on!!

HOw do i post pics if anyone can help me pls???

Attaching images

Drinu,
The easy way is to click 'Manage Attachments' as you write the message (you may have to click 'Go Advanced' if you are just writing a 'Quick Reply').

From there, you click a Browse button (there are several, for uploading several pics), then navigate to the file on your computer (JPEG file, etc.) and finally click Upload. This displays the pictures as thumbnails (small pictures that can be clicked for the full-size version: thumbnails are best for those on dial-up connections?)

There is a more involved way if you want the picture to appear full-sized in the message itself. You have to upload the pic to the Picture Gallery, note the URL, and copy the URL into your message, surrounded by
after it.

-Alex

Hi mate could you tell me where did you find the white dials from and how much? I am trying to find them as well but i can olny fiand for fiat uno turbo

hi I found the dials from a website but I forgot which it was.I will try and send you my copy and you can play from there!! Mine have the speedo temperature guage and fuel guage. Note that the fuel guage and temperature guage are the ones that swing from left to right not up and down!! I will upload pictures as soon as I have some time to take pictures!!

ok guys,
attached are some pics of the white dials...sorry for the bad quality but I am not good at taking pictures. Also I couldnt find my tripod so I had to take them on my hand!! Please tell me what you think...

The dials didnt cost much. All I needed was a good quality paper. Other than that it didnt cost me a penny.hehehe. That is what's so great about them. What did cost money however was the blue LED's I used to light the dasboard up!! They costed me around US$15.

The link for the guages is: http://www.unomania.republika.pl/tuning/b_zegary.htm

If they dont match it really is easy to make yours!! ALl you have to do is dismantle you dashboard panel and each guage comes out and you can actually scan them individually. Hope I have been of some help! Some feedback would be appreciated!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 78
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 99
Do the dials yourself...dont spend money on making them. Regarding bulbs they are actually LEDs which you can find on www.ultraleds.co.uk
You can dismantle ur instrument panel and take off the clocks which can be easily scanned. Be careful though of the needles.

With photoshop or something similar you can edit the scanned picture. Mine didnt even cost 1p.

nope no need at all!! The cluster can be pulled out and slid sideways and it comes out that way.Its really easy.You should have it out in a minute or two!!You cant go wrong.Im not a DIY person and managed it myself!!

Post pics when you get yours done!

Hello there guys I tryed las weekend to take of the dials as one of you suggested but how did you manage to take the needle of the speedometer off?
has anyone got saved the scanned file of their dials because i dont have a scanner.My dials are the ones with the speedometer in the middle and the fuel and temp on the sides but they are vertical meaning the full on the fuel tank is up and the empty is downthanks guys I am looking forward to to the front grill this weekend

will the dials not slide over the needles? if they will u shud be able to use them as a template or something

as for your grille, id say ts worth doing ive just finished mine an im happy with it now

no whatever you do dont remove needles!! It would impossible to fix back since the needle from the back is spring loaded. That is why all the needles are stopped by a small pin at the 0 point of each guage! I found mine ready but mine are not like yours! Mine sweep left to right....(see picture).

I have posted a link in here from where you can get a template!!

Hope this helps!

P.S. The speedometer cable has some grease yes and it shouldnt be difficult to remove. Just a simple tug from under the dash and it is out!!

no they wont slide over the needles specially the speedometer anyway i will try again on the weekend if the weather is good.
About the grill did you do yours complete or you left the fiat stripes i dont know how a should do it
i think the coplete will look better but ai am in the middle

Back