Grande Punto White 1.4 Dynamic.

Currently reading:
Grande Punto White 1.4 Dynamic.

Time for an update...

New sub, amps and speakers are all in and working nicely, I can't help the massive smile I get listening to music now... lol. Currently just got a very basic false-floor build set up, so no pics, as all you can see is the sub atm. Summer plans will be to build something a bit more sleek and fancy looking.

Spent a few hours this morning working on this though...

Really pleased with how it turned out, despite being far more fiddly than I thought it'd be lol.

Other than that, nothing else has changed just yet. Money is a bit stretched at the moment, so any of the more expensive things I want to do are going to have to wait a few months, which sucks, as I'm not great with patience...

My mate does trimming car bits.. He'll be at Yorkshire Italia ;) I could tell him to get some grande interior bits next time he goes to the scrappies ;) thought about doing the pillars? he mostly does door a, b & c pillars and they do look pretty cool!

His fez has similar bits by sound of it (i don't think i've sever sat in a grande so not sure exactly what they look like), have to take them out and then break off the melted tabs, cover and refit.. Its not too hard at all really.

One impromptu day off work, one roll of white carbon fibre, a couple of hours later, and...

this...
DSC008954.jpg

Turned into...

DSC009024.jpg

This :D

Not bad for a first attempt I don't think. Now to fit them back into the car and make sure all the buttons work...

And voila!

DSC009041.jpg

DSC009071.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh i cant believe youve done White CF, ive ordered mine to do the same this week

Hehe :) been meaning to do it for ages, but only got round to buying the vinyl the other week. Hopefully going to get some more bits wrapped tomorrow.

Is there an easy way to get the stalk controls off?
still got a wee bit of black CF stuff hanging about that would look nice, Either that or silver ;)

Tom

If you mean the steering wheel buttons - something flat like a credit card/screwdriver - I actually used my car key lol. Start at the top and gently lever it all the way round - it'll pop off eventually, but you just need to be careful.

Very nice! I still need to see this car in the flesh! I wanted to do some wrapping, but I will make a mess! :eek:

One day :)

Tbh, this is my first time wrapping anything - and I did make a mess! Took me a few tries on a couple of bits to get it right - couldn't keep my hand steady enough for some of the fiddly cuts lol. Good job I bought a huge roll of vinyl...

Dash is the next thing to do... :devil:

Tbh, this is my first time wrapping anything - and I did make a mess! Took me a few tries on a couple of bits to get it right - couldn't keep my hand steady enough for some of the fiddly cuts lol. Good job I bought a huge roll of vinyl...

The Dash, now that will be interesting and challenging! Good luck with it and cant wait to see it (y)

I dunno what colour to do mine though, might go with the basic Carbon fibre look to match my dash, I guess ording a big roll allows me to butcher it till I get it right! haha! :D Think this might be stanley knife territory so no doubt ill lose a few fingers :p Only just starting to master outside car stickers :eek:

Be sure to use my guide :p

Was my first time wrapping too, just use a lot of heat for the curved bits.

Since the guide I have lacquered the vinyl so its nice and glossy now :D

Be sure to use my guide :p

Was my first time wrapping too, just use a lot of heat for the curved bits.

Since the guide I have lacquered the vinyl so its nice and glossy now :D

Already have your guide book-marked on my toolbar :p

Thought about laquering it, but decided against it - quite like the satin/matt look to it. Plus with it being white I don't want it too reflective lol

Back