Which TomTom?

Currently reading:
Which TomTom?

PDB

Hi,

My daughter has just bought a new 500 Lounge that has the Tomtom sat nav socket in the top of the dashboard. I can get that Tomtom adapter that holds the sat nav and fits into the socket! but can anyone tell me which model TomTom will fit? My initial investigations suggest the Live 1000, which appears to have been superseded by the Live 1005, which presumably won't fit because it is bigger, or at least the screen is.
Also, what does the Blue&Me facility provide and does it need the Fiat branded TomTom to work?

Thank you,
Paul

Not wrong I am afraid, has to be the branded fiat one to give you all the correct interface with blue and me.

It is a 1000 as you suspected, and a 1000 will work and be powered up by the socket, however it will not interface with the car.

So no audio control from wheel, or phone or the rest.....

Sorry ....

Reactions: PDB
As for the specific function via the blue and me / canbus system:,

Genuine Fiat Blue&Me TomTom 2
Steering Wheel Control
Media Player
Voice Command and Control Handsfree Calling
Telephone Management
Trip Computer
Eco Trend | Fuel Efficiency | Eco Drive

Last edited:
Reactions: PDB
Thank you for the detailed reply. It was as I suspected. :(

Happy New Year.

Paul

Considering i could buy a tomtom sat nav for about £150.00 the fiat satnav seems really expensive, i was tempted to buy one until i found out they are nearly £300.00 :(

You pay the integration... and GPS become cheaper with the time, and Fiat did not adjust the price.

But it is still a lot cheaper thant an german GPS option...

Can you get blue and me fitted? I got told i have this feature in my 12 plate punto but i cant see it!!

Help!?

Back