Technical Which one Induction kit?

Currently reading:
Technical Which one Induction kit?

satty

Which Induction kit?

Hi

Right now i've sorted my audio out i need to sort out the crappy torque on my 2000 Sei Sporting.

My question is what induction kits are out there? (not a fan of universal k&N types). I'm looking for a sei sporting one exclusively if there one out there. Also can anyone give me figures on gains that i can expect with all the different model outs there and costs.

Cheers
Satty

Last edited:
See the problem with making one is it doesn't do much as part from make a noise which i dont care about. I really want a sei sporting specific one so its been matched to the engine to improve performance rather than a universal one. Money isn't really an issue for the right one. But like i said i really want more torque than making noise which i dont care about. Shame they didn't release the sei in america because im sure AEM would have made a real good one.

most of the matching part ******, all ya gotta have is an airfilter which increase the rate of air intake at all acceleration levels if u get it wrong itll drink too much fuel or loose power, long as the intake big enough the only worry ya gunna have is fuel consuption, the reason i build my own is because i think all these company are money grabbing b**tards after the cash not the real upgrade, ya want a real inprovement here the non home made dogs ******
http://shophost.net/shop_n/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_11&products_id=56

right ive got a proper k&n induction kit on my car and it doesnt really give extra performance it just sounds a bit better i brought pipercross vector insuction kit for a corsa and fitted that quickly and bloody hell did it make a difference it drove smoother and loads more torque going up banks and sounded sweet i took it off after two weeks because with my k&n i get 50 miles to a fiver on fuel whereas with the pipercross i was getting 35 miles which is quite a difference

GSR work specifically with the F.I.R.E. engine, therefore they know their sh*t

I think im gonna go down the BMC CDA route, just need to find one at a good price now. The cheapest i've found it so far is £70. Plus it fits really nice just check out the pic below,

06a.jpg

satty said:
I think im gonna go down the BMC CDA route, just need to find one at a good price now. The cheapest i've found it so far is £70. Plus it fits really nice just check out the pic below,

Where did you find one at £70, that's seems a really good price.

Well I bought my BMC CDA, just waiting for it to arrive. £80 including postage to UK from germany. Not too bad. Once it arrives i'll be asking a few questions on how to fit it i'll keep you all informed.

Cheers

Its the filter plus the hoses and connectors etc.... I've buying the "bob" to fit it to the engine thingy (noobie) from a company in the UK. Its £10. But i was told it has everything so i'll see when i get it what i need.

Right its arrived its got the carbon filter, plus a hose which connects it to one end but the other end I haven't got. Now i looked on a web site in germany and it says for a Seicento I need a ( "Sa16-40, adapter for injection nozzle") However when looking for this its called a CRANKCASE VENT FILTER and looks like this

Sa1240.jpg

Now looking the picture below this looks like the thing to the left of the big silver thing. Do I need to buy this. Also how on earth do I connect it up now what I really need is that bent tube which is connecting to the throttle body and silver bit. I think this is that "bob" you mentioned. Where do i pick this up from.

06a.jpg

Cheers
Satty

Ah right so they only came with the 899cc engines. Right so does anyone know the part code, i can just pick it up from Fiat. £8 its too bad. Also what about that crackcase filter thingy, do i need to buy that as well. It costs £6 from a company in the Uk but i cant find the link now.

Cheers

for the filter, check out the air filters for remote control nitro cars on ebay - they crop up all the time. I recommend putting the filter on the end of a piece of hose and tucking it away near the bottom of the engine, otherwise you end up with crankcase fumes entering the cabin, not nice!

About the bob, part number is 46534152, Price including taxes: 5.64 GBP.

My cd is a little out of date, so the price may be wrong but the part number shouldnt.

Right picked up my parts today so I need to know how the hell I fit my BMC CDA induction kit in. Also this bob thing doesn't look right to me. I was hoping it would be that silver thing in the picture so I could connect the pipe from the BMC kit to it instead i've got the thing in the picture below. I dont know what use its gonna be. As you can see that hole is way smaller than the pipe that came with the BMC CDA Kit

Has anyone fitted a BMC CDA kit into a seicento here and can give me a step by step guide.

Attachments

• P0409_114614.jpg
    P0409_114614.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 20
  • P0409_114736.jpg
    P0409_114736.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 20
Back