Which of these headunits for my new Grande Punto?

Currently reading:
Which of these headunits for my new Grande Punto?

mcfrede

Greetings all (and please be gentle as this is my first post here),

I just bought a GP a month ago and already I am thinking the stock sound to be, erm, well not the best...

I was hoping to just add an amp and new speakers, but no pre-out's on my unit, so...

I am now trying to decide between quite a few headunits which all feature both bluetooth and USB connection, the candidates being:

Sony MEX-BT5700U
JVC KD-R901
Pioneer DEH-P7100BT
Pioneer DEH-P8100BT
Clarion FZ709E
Clarion CZ509E
CDE-114BTi
Blaupunkt Hamburg MP68

Links can be found on my webpage (too tired to fiddle with it here now, sorry): mcfrede.dk/grande_punto_ice.shtml

Any recommendations among these (or definite dont-buy's)?

Cheers!

Well sony dont actually make units any more and out of those i would choose pioneer.

Sony don't? Since when (I am astonished since I have owned and liked Sony's before)?

EDIT: I just checked Sony's website and there are several headunits marked as "new" products???

Last edited:
Probably surplus or the last batches that they will manufacturer as Sony are out of the Mobile Audio industry now. Fair enough there Head Units werent completely rubbish but the rest was.
Pioneer and Alpine seem to dominate the good Head Unit market. They both put good processors in them so therefore output a good sound :)
You have the likes of Mc Intosh and Nakamanchi which are the absolute best for sound quality but rarely have lots of features like Bluetooth and come with a rather high price tag :devil:

OK, going with the Pioneer DEH-P8100BT, will I need an adaptor for the wiring?

By the way, just read the newsfeed at sony, they released new models just after new year?

Back