Tuning Which induction kit punto?

Currently reading:
Tuning Which induction kit punto?

Which induction kits would you reccomend for a 1.2 8v mk2?
I don't want somethin that sounds ridiculously loud, just somethin that gives a nice roar when you accelerate, but can maybe drive slowly without really hearing it-don't want to attract to much attention!!

Also, has anyone noticed any real change in performance?

Re: Which induction kit?

theres a few threads on this but I still cant find the answer

I know theres the Ford Focus one which is £40 posted and the GSR one which is over £100 but no ones really said which is better...although lots of people have positive comments about both

The focus induction kit.
Everyone claims they are the next best thing apart from GSR and around £70 cheaper too. Also it sounds nice and fits perfectly. It all depends on how much you are willing to pay?

GSR are made to fit to your car and are hand made I think. They are made to improve performance and not just sound like others do
LINK to GSR
http://www.gsrengineering.com/engineering/pages/productsbycar/fiat/fiat_pun_induction.htm

K&N no go. They attach straight onto your throttle body and suck in hot air from your block. avoid at all costs. They are also very expensive around £70 and they are useless.

I can't find the focus kit atm. Someone will be able to help with the link though.
Hope this helps

Last edited:

So if i bought a focus kit, are they designed for certain sized engines. There's not a 1.2 version (from what i can remember anyways), or is it just a 'one size fits all' kinda thing?

I know theres the Ford Focus one which is £40 posted and the GSR one which is over £100 but no ones really said which is better...although lots of people have positive comments about both

the reason you cant find 'the answer' is there isnt one
its down to the owner to weigh up proven gains of the GSR over its price premium of 'competitors'
also what the buyer wants eg looks/noise/performance etc

the same threads come up near every day and nobody can give the answer as its down to what the buyer really wants

the reason you cant find 'the answer' is there isnt one
its down to the owner to weigh up proven gains of the GSR over its price premium of 'competitors'
also what the buyer wants eg looks/noise/performance etc

I can't really afford to pay over a 100 quid, so the focus kit seems the best option!
Can someone possibly post me a link so i know exactly what i'm looking at!
Cheers! helps appreciated.

Next to what oil my car takes, this must come a close second as to topics coming up on a regular basis........

Im certainly not going to deter anyone fitting any induction kit, but here are a few things you have to ask yourself when doing so.

Even the best est kit available will not give you that much noticeable gains/power when driving your car[most expect more]
Most kits give you that intake/roar that makes you think you are going a lot faster....;)

You can spend nearly £200 on an induction kit thinking the best.......well that's entirely up to you, or you can pay about £50 or so & make your own, as long as you have a decent cold feed.............well who knows will it be any worse/better, only you can decide...:D We are after all talking about a relatively small engined car here.....:D

Next to what oil my car takes, this must come a close second as to topics coming up on a regular basis........

Im certainly not going to deter anyone fitting any induction kit, but here are a few things you have to ask yourself when doing so.

Even the best est kit available will not give you that much noticeable gains/power when driving your car[most expect more]
Most kits give you that intake/roar that makes you think you are going a lot faster....;)

You can spend nearly £200 on an induction kit thinking the best.......well that's entirely up to you, or you can pay about £50 or so & make your own, as long as you have a decent cold feed.............well who knows will it be any worse/better, only you can decide...:D We are after all talking about a relatively small engined car here.....:D
From reading a project thread on PSC cinquepunto made his own induction kit that is the same style as the GSR where it aims down towards the ground fo maximum low temp and more air intake. It looked suberb and cost him around £40 in parts I think.

now time for a bit of a crazy question,on all the focus kits ive seen the rubber tubing is blue,does any body know if you can get it with red tubing(my cars red an i want engine bay components to the same colour):confused:

Both the Focus kit and the GSR kit were tested back to back on the rollers as well as on the road.

Without suffering from heat soak when on the rollers the Focuse kit had a lower peak power and much lower bottom end torque.

In normal day driving conditions the heat soak losses increase the gap between the focus by another 3 to 4bhp.

Back