which big boys toy

Currently reading:
which big boys toy

Which one?

• Total voters

Moss1984

crazy quad.jpgThis crazy quad 75 mph 250cc 4 speed with reverse 12"alloys extra wide axle for go kart handling or crazy buggy.jpgThis buggy also 250cc automatic 60 mph but with the added bonus of bein able to go off road its just for weekend use really and nippin to shops for milk an t bags lol dont want a motorbike want summet that will turn heads ha ha both cost 2 grand from new the quad has 2 years warrenty buggy 1 years and both insurance are between £200 and £300 for a 23 year old with my own house and a garage :slayer:

BOTH ARE ROAD LEGAL

How do i put this onto a poll so we can vote (y)

Last edited:
yeh my mrs likes ta go off road in my uncles buggy but she likes the look of the quad better mmmmm decisions decisions lol

have a go in both; then you'll realise both are slow and unable to corner, then see sense and get a crosser.

my bro had a 250cc quad same as that but iwthout the alloys (they dont cost too much more, but then you cant go offroad so what is the point?)). it was a bloody deathtrap. i've always been a 2 wheel man because it is far safer, and faster too.

if you do get a quad like that you should not get one with a reverse gear. they are well known to be troublesome (gearbox failure). search a few quad forums and you'll see what i mean. parts are easy enough to get, and not that expensive, but a decent crosser is cheaper to maintain and you dont have to get a crappy make like quadzilla either.

Last edited:
I could never get my head around quads. are they for people who cant ride a bike?
they are a mix of both bad points of a bike and an car + its own bad point

bike bikes good points... quick... great on fuel... traffic hardly slows you... easy to store.
Bikes bad points... get wet. not very safe

car good points. air con/heaters... safe(r)... carry lot more.
bad points... stuck in traffic. lot more expensive to run.

quad good points.... erm... great for rounding the sheep in if your a farmer. (?)
bad points.... stuck in traffic. get wet. get even wetter stuck in traffic in the rain. slow. not all that cheap to run (insurance is pretty high im told) handle CRAP (no rear diff) and very unsafe. I hear of them flipping all the time. and many people dont wear a helmet.

I would go for the buggy. it just looks like fun. lot safer. take a passenger (being a pillion is not very fun) and it MIGHT have a diff which will make it handle VERY well. ALSO it wont be hard to fit a nice big engine in it. the motor in it I would guess is a scooter engine which aint great. I would drop in a 400 to 650 single. suzuki drz honda xr... all easy to get hold of

have a go in both; then you'll realise both are slow and unable to corner, then see sense and get a crosser.

my bro had a 250cc quad same as that but iwthout the alloys (they dont cost too much more, but then you cant go offroad so what is the point?)). it was a bloody deathtrap. i've always been a 2 wheel man because it is far safer, and faster too.

if you do get a quad like that you should not get one with a reverse gear. they are well known to be troublesome (gearbox failure). search a few quad forums and you'll see what i mean. parts are easy enough to get, and not that expensive, but a decent crosser is cheaper to maintain and you dont have to get a crappy make like quadzilla either.
like i said dont want a bike i want summet eye catching bikes been there done that boring

It would have to be the buggy for me....All the chainmail armour you need to ride that Quad would be too heavy for me. Mind you. it looks awsome!:D

Back