Styling Which Alloys Fit the MK2?

Currently reading:
Styling Which Alloys Fit the MK2?

mattyrfrank117

I have a MK2 (A) and was wondering what size alloys they take in terms of width and diameter. I’ve found some other fiat alloys on the Facebook marketplace for cheap and just looking to get some to swap the rubbish wheel trims my car came with. Thanks

I have a MK2 (A) and was wondering what size alloys they take in terms of width and diameter. I’ve found some other fiat alloys on the Facebook marketplace for cheap and just looking to get some to swap the rubbish wheel trims my car came with. Thanks

Because fiat have a PCD of 98, there are no wheels form other cars that fit, so excluding any wheels off a grande/evo or later 2012 puntos, and newer models like the 500x, almost all 15 inch fiat wheels will fit as will some 16 inch wheels with appropriate tyres.

17inch wheels are a bit too big for a mk2 some have fitted them but it requires a careful balance to stop them catching either the wheel arch or the suspension.

So the key is to look for 15 inch fiat wheels with a PCD Of 4x98 ( PCD is the distance between the bolts the 4 is the number of bolts)

But remember later punto (2012 on) and grande and evo puntos had a PCD of 4x100 which can be made to fit but require special “wobble” bolts which will likely cost as much as the wheels.

Last edited:
Because fiat have a PCD of 98, there are no wheels form other cars that fit, so excluding any wheels off a grande/evo or later 2012 puntos, and newer models like the 500x, almost all 15 inch fiat wheels will fit as will some 16 inch wheels with appropriate tyres.

17inch wheels are a bit too big for a mk2 some have fitted them but it requires a careful balance to stop them catching either the wheel arch or the suspension.

So the key is to look for 15 inch fiat wheels with a PCD Of 4x98 ( PCD is the distance between the bolts the 4 is the number of bolts)

But remember later punto (2012 on) and grande and evo puntos had a PCD of 4x100 which can be made to fit but require special “wobble” bolts which will likely cost as much as the wheels.

Yeah I’d seen somewhere that they were a bit of a nuisance, thanks for the info.

Yeah I’d seen somewhere that they were a bit of a nuisance, thanks for the info.

You can fit 4x100 wheels with the use of wobble/adjustment bolts.
I ran 4x100 wheels for over 3 years with no problems at all. (a set of wobble bolts will cost you about £40)

Be aware you cannot fit a wheel with a smaller centrebore but larger centrebores are fine as you can buy spigot rings to make up the difference. The Punto Centrebore is 57.1mm.

I didn't run anything bigger than 15 inch wheels but 16's will fit with a low profile tyre. 17's imo look stupid.

Offset wise you cannot run anything greater than 37 - otherwise the inside of the rim will foul the suspension and some other parts. So any wheel with an offset lower than 37 will be fine but wouldn't go lower than 15 as you may rub the arches or poke out too far.

I ran wide wheels with a very low offset with no issues (8j with an offset of 15).

You can always check out: www.willtheyfit.com which will help you compare the difference between your existing setup and new.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
Keep an eye out on Ebay and the Punto owners on Facebook. My daughter got me a set of alloys from someone on the FB page. Not 100% what they're from (possibly a sporting) but they look quite nice :)

40668228840_23c6655a13_z.jpg

You can fit 4x100 wheels with the use of wobble/adjustment bolts.
I ran 4x100 wheels for over 3 years with no problems at all. (a set of wobble bolts will cost you about £40)

!

A set of bolts can be sourced for less than that..
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-x-M12...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
Main important thing to look at with bolts is the length (standard Punt 1.2 is 26mm) if you get longer bolts then they may fit the front BUT on rear they will interfere with the brake shoes....
Just had to buy a set of these bolts courtesy of local garage mechanic over tightening the bolts (About the 4th time he's done it to a couple of our cars..I really must start using a different Garage ;))...Finally found out how he was over tightening, idiot was using a 3 foot breaker bar on his socket to tighten the wheel bolts (no wonder i couldn't shift them when trying to undo them)...he also conveniently 'Forgot' to mention that he had stripped out the inside of the lock bolt adaptor....made that fun for me to get the bolts out...Incidentally if anyone else has an issue with Lock bolts...12 point 1/2" drive 17mm Draper socket hammered on and turned with a 2 foot breaker bar undone them no problem at all :devil: Completely knacked the head of the bolts but did't even scratch the socket

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.

They're not wobble bolts which is what Charlieboy13 and myself where talking about, above.

Yes you will always be able to get cheap bolts but £40 seems about the Ebay price for the wobble variety, and The question you have to ask yourself is when hurtling along at 70mph do you want your wheels held on with the cheapest bolts on ebay with no consideration to the original fiat manufacturing specifications and tolerances, especially if your garage is a little over zealous with the breaker bar and doesn't know his own arse from a torque wrench.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
They're not wobble bolts which is what Charlieboy13 and myself where talking about, above.

Yes you will always be able to get cheap bolts but £40 seems about the Ebay price for the wobble variety, and The question you have to ask yourself is when hurtling along at 70mph do you want your wheels held on with the cheapest bolts on ebay with no consideration to the original fiat manufacturing specifications and tolerances, especially if your garage is a little over zealous with the breaker bar and doesn't know his own arse from a torque wrench.
i get what your saying about cheap ebay parts (Especially the chinese ones), of course that one I posted you could always go to Milton Keynes and visit in person.
The set i've bought seems far better quality than the original FIAT ones

Last edited:
I've had my punto mk2 1.9 jtd sporting for about half a year now. It came with 4 14" steelies with an ET 47. The wheels were 4x98 5.5J width (current winter setup). I bought a set of OZ F1 16" wheels with 4x98 holes, ET was 37 and the width was 6.5J with 195/45R16 tires(they are a bit stretched meaning you can fit 205 or 215 easily..). when I fitted them everything was okay until I hit the first bump in the road. Worst sound you can ever hear, metal hitting metal somewhere below the car in the rear section. When I took the rear wheels off I found out that the strut bolt head was hitting the rear wheel every time the strut got compressed. I disassmbled the strut, removed the 2 spacers and guess what, PERFECT FIT. It had about 2 3 milimeters gap to the wheel on each side. Strut spacers saved my ass for now but I think I'll get some rear wheel spacers (5-10mm) nothing much but just enough for safety... So when buying new wheels always check everything underneath the car. You can easily fit in the Stilo 17" Blade alloys just watch out for the width and offset... ;)

Back