Tuning Where is ECU on Uno 1.1?

Currently reading:
Tuning Where is ECU on Uno 1.1?

mikesl

I have injection/ignition problems on Uno 1.1 i.e. (1994) with Bosch Mono Jetronic system. According to all discription the last one includes ECU.
My question is :

"Where is ECU located on my car?"

According to specification it must be of BOSCH 0280000732 type
I have found all another components: injector, sensors, actuators, releys, pump, - but can't find ECU. Heynes "Service and Repair Manual" names ignition module (placed on distributor) "ECU", but it isn't what I am looking for.

Can anyone please answer my question?

Thanks in advance
Mike

should be in the same place as the 1.0 ie..

If your in a right hand drive Uno, it's by your right knee as you sit in the driver's seat..

it's behind the trim kind of under the dash near the bonnet release catch (y)

what's the symtoms? :)

Last edited:
Thanks very much, Louie. Due to your help I have found ECU.

I looked for it within motor room area only while it was behind glovebox within passenger room.

You ask about symptoms. Here they are.
Motor stops work spontaneously and can't start. But after resting (from some minutes to some hours, in each case something different) it is possible to turn motor on to operate short time until next decay.
I say "resting" and not "cooling" because the phenomena can take place both under low coolant temperature (less than 60°) and under relatively high one. Temperature decrease doesn't lead immediately to motor's functions recovery.
I have checked some systems during decay period. Ignition works - I see spark in auxiliary plug which I connect to any of plug's wire. Fuel pump works - I see flow after secondary filter. Though that doesn't say enough about fuel pressure, but in first approximation one may think that pressure is Ok. Relays are in order too - I switched between their places and nothing was changed.
But I don't see drops on throttle valve plate. It says something blocks fuel supply.
I expect (for my regret without any grounding) two possibilities only: mechanical cause - fuel-pressure regulator, and electronic cause – any defective part in throttle control loop which causes ECU to block fuel injection.
Unfortunately I am not sure in my suggestions and don't know exactly how to test them.
I will be grateful for any help and/or idea.

Mike

Hi Donna,

Mike,

I was afraid you’d say that.

If you’d have sad any other problem, I think I’d be able to help.

I’ve had a similar problem where car will run and run, but stop it when warm and won’t restart for some time after. Do I do get a spark then trying to start.

I changed Lambada sensor, coolent temp sensor, full throttle body, distributor (with it’s small ECU) and the in cab ECU.

Still have the same problem unsolved.

The only thing I have not done is checked the earths, but I’m breaking my uno now as it’s lost it’s structural strength to rust.

Good luck!!

Back