General When was the change from 95hp to 90hp engine?

Currently reading:
General When was the change from 95hp to 90hp engine?

Hi folks
Just wondering if anyone knows the date when the Stilo 1.4 16v engine changed from 95hp to 90hp, or if there is an easy way to work this out either by chassis number or engine number or something similar or by physically looking at the car or engine/bay? Think it was sometime between June 2004 at the earliest and August 2005 at the latest, but curious about a more precise timeframe.
Cheers.

Hi folks
Just wondering if anyone knows the date when the Stilo 1.4 16v engine changed from 95hp to 90hp, or if there is an easy way to work this out either by chassis number or engine number or something similar or by physically looking at the car or engine/bay? Think it was sometime between June 2004 at the earliest and August 2005 at the latest, but curious about a more precise timeframe.
Cheers.
Not sure about this but I think the 90hp unit was only sold in certain markets. Most, if not all, 1.4 Stilos in the UK were 95hp.

The 1.4 16v was introduced for the 2004 model year.

The 66KW doodah (actually 88.5bhp) is an Austrian-market only model. Austria was one of the first EU countries to introduce Low Emissions Zones, mostly for diesel and lorries in particular.

Today lorries in Austria have to carry an emissions class badge, similar to the French (Paris) Crit'Air... a different coloured disc depending on the Euro-X emissions class. I think "Euro-0" vehicles (could be just trucks) have been banned in Austria's LEZ's since around 2017... but I'm not sure.

Anyway, the coloured sticker regulates what you can and can't do/or use your vehicle, so the Austrian government is obviously serious about dirtier vehicles and has been for some time. "Stilo 66" was presumably de-tuned in order to freshen up it's exhaust emissions vs the regular 1.4.

Ralf S.

Oh well done, good info, thanks for that. My curiosity arose because, of the 2 Stilos (both 1.4 16v) I've owned, the 2004 model was much quicker than the 2005, which made me think that this was due to lower engine power. But must have been something else....
Cheers.

Back