Styling Wheels - Silver or Anthracite?

Currently reading:
Styling Wheels - Silver or Anthracite?

I'm going to send away my recently acquired tipo 15s for refurbishment. While they're away do I get them recoated in silver or anthracite? I've got this urge to go to the dark side, matching the darkness of the bumpers and skirts. What do you think?

Silver is a safe choice. I prefer silver most of the time. Grey/Anthracite can look good on the right car too but if its not right they just look dirty.

Popped into Romax, wheel refurbishers on Portrack lane, Stockton today.

To refurb the 4x 15" fiat 4 spoke alloys, including cleaning up any kerbing, sand blasted, primed, powder coated in anthracite would be £140 - £35 a corner. I've heard nothing but good reports about the place. Silver would be a fiver less a corner.

These wheels go out of shape easily. After 12 years mine were well out of shape and wonky. I just got the straightened up at a cost of $400! Make sure they are all straight before spending money on making them look nice (y)

SteveNZ said:
These wheels go out of shape easily. After 12 years mine were well out of shape and wonky. I just got the straightened up at a cost of $400! Make sure they are all straight before spending money on making them look nice (y)

You could get new ones for that! They look okay, plus I trust the guy I got them from not to go pot-hole-finding.. :D

It used to be full cream silvertop...

DSCF0033.JPG

But the milkbottle is turning darker :D

Dark_Milk.jpg

Hope you all approve :eek:

Last edited:
Well I put them in today for reconditioning. £140 later and I should have some sexy anthracite Tipo alloys. Just need to work out what to do about tyres now. Fit the 185/55 that were on and the 195/55 from the marea, then buy the marea 2 more 195/55 or buy 1 205/55 avon to match the other I have, or buy the marea a pair of bridgestone potenza? decisions decisions.

Ive got a Paul Daniels Magic set....

that should have enough of "da P'Diddly-Daniels" magic harnessed to create some piffly little tyres :p

Well they are back! A damn good job given their age and condition :p

Here they are in all their anthracite glory! Appologies for the poor quality photos, but its hard to take photos of black wheels.. Now all I need to do is arrange some tyres and wheel bolts...

wheels.jpg

inside.jpg

face.jpg

Back