Technical Wheels Rubbing

Currently reading:
Technical Wheels Rubbing

Uno 1.4 ies

I have a 5 door uno 1.4 ies 1993 with 15" TSW Alpine alloys and 195/45 r 15 tyres on. The car is lowered 60 mm and the wheels rub like hell with just 1 person in and the arches are rolled!!!!!!!! The wheels however are off a Corsa therefore need 3mm spacers on the rear. If i get a set of standard MK2 turbo wheels will this stop the rubbing. I think it wikll jus want to make sure before i buy a set and also do turbno wheels look ok with 185 55 r13 tyres on???????
Do u guys think the car will look ok with standard wheels turbo on?????
Cheers Josh

Attachments

• Image206.jpg
    Image206.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Image207.jpg
    Image207.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 19
chances are there the wrong offset and are sticking out too much, you should be able to still get them to not rub with the right width spacers and arch work.

standard wheels wont rub at all, standard tyre size for a mk1 is 175/60/13, not sure if its the same for a mk2

where do they rub, im guessing on the rear axle bit, the front shock and inner arches/body

my mk2 2 16s are
195/45/R16 lol
i can get pics of what to do to help, u only need some paint, angle grinder and a hammer and a few hours! :)

Cheers for the replies. The wheels are rubbing on the arches. Please cud you get me some pics to help me as i need it sorting!!!!!!
Cheers Josh

Maybe the 15" wheels with a 60mm drop and offset is just too much, you might never get them under the arches without problems. One of my old Unos had a nice set of 14" wheels that looked good and no rubbing with a 35mm drop. Might be more practical.

I've got a set of 5 x 13" Mk1 UT wheels if you're interested. Need new tyres though.

Cheers for the advice but if im changing the wheels i will be putting standard mk2 alloys on it!!! I really dont want to the but it maty be the only option. It doesnt rub if these no 1 in the back but the minute u get 10 stone or more in the back all i get is rub rub rub!!!!

Where the wheels rub take hammer and hit :)

16s fitted, with coilovers, rolled my arches, bashed my rear inner wings in, no mods to the front, no probs ;) only prob is on full lock when the suspension us compressed (but thats very very rare!)

i must admit tho, i have got the EXACT correct offset and PCD etc, so all is good :)

Dunc

Back