Technical wheel hub nut multipla

Currently reading:
Technical wheel hub nut multipla

modelflyerandy

i have bought a new wheel hub but i cant fit it as i cannot get a socket
to fit can anyone help with this please

Got same problem just got back from shop with it, gonna try every socket both me and my mate own untill i find 1 that fits will let u know if i manage to find one that does the job.

Last edited:
Replaced the n/s hub just a couple of weeks ago. The socket you need is a 32mm if memory serves me right and should come off with a T-bar extended by a trolley-jack handle.

If you have the correct tools and all goes well you should have it done in under half an hour.

Peat

i've had nothing but problems, the socket is a 36mm, and yes they are usually too fat to fit in, luckily were i bought offered to turn it down 2mm (4mm in total) then it fitted, but still was not a good fit until i got my angle grinder out and tapered the end more. THE TORQUE, still haven't got the nut off even after getting a 4ft pole to the of the bar on the nut, nearly lifted the car off the ground and still not off.

still haven't got the nut off even after getting a 4ft pole to the of the bar on the nut, nearly lifted the car off the ground and still not off.

I have always found it very helpful to hit the socket bar with a few shock blows with a very heavier hammer (4lb or 8lb) this should give you the torque required to remove the nut. I remember once standing on a 2 metre scaffold pole and even that didn't shift the hub nut but the good old heavy hammer will.

Back