General Wheel cleaning / protection

Currently reading:
General Wheel cleaning / protection

d4zzl3r

Hi - does anyone have any suggestions for a wheel cleaning product please? One especially for the inside where all the brake fallout goes. I have the lounge wheels and the spoke holes are too small to get my hand inside so the only time they are cleaned (i'm a bit anal about wheels) are when i take them off which is a bit impractical to do everytime i wash the car.
I think JennyChem do some kind of acid? Maybe a bit over the top?
Also, is there anything i can apply once they are clean to protect the inside surfaces to cleaning is easier.

I think there are a lot of wheel cleaners on the market that more or less work automatic, but I would recommend the addiotnal use of a small brush.

To coat normally those nano / ceramic products are not bad, but with these small spokes also difficult to apply.

Beside some coating of your wheels, you could use special pads like e.g. ATE Ceramic or Jurid White that have a reduced dust emission and the dust is not black.

After years of trials. There is no easy solution. I remove the wheels twice a year as I run winter tyres and clean the wheels beforfe storage.

Pressure wash, wheel cleaner, I use a Nilfisk rotary conical wheel brush which is worth its weight in gold. Follow up with something like autoglym polish which shifts nearly everything then wheel sealnt such as wonder wheels. If you find anything better Id love to hear it.

Cant recommend the Nilfisk pressure washer and particularly the wheel cleaning brsuh highly enough. YOu couldnt believ how good it is withoutntrying it.

I do find brake dust barrier spray helps.

Back