Whats the best media player?

Currently reading:
Whats the best media player?

I'll try this tonight,,

Does it play mod movie files? As i have just bought a JVC 20 gb HDD camcorder, and in their wisdom decided mod files rather than AVI files would be their chosen format.

Media Player Classic, google K-lite codec pack (full edition) and you can change everything about the sound and picture quality with it, it plays nearly every format i know going, both audio and video.

I got VLC the other day but i got loads of random ones on my computer, one of them will open whatever i need to open, I find VLC can have really bad image quality though when compared to other players. Only just found out that powerdvd plays most stuff as well, had it for ages for dvds on computer (came with it) but plays everything i've tried playing on it so far bar mpegs

If I am not streaming it to the TV, then I tend to use Media Player Classic and the K-Lite Codec pack.

However, I have now just installed VLC as well, so will see how it goes over the next few weeks.

see now that i couldnt do with.

i'm not watching films and stuff on a tiny 19" widescreen, nor sitting on desk chair.

arc wonders into lounge and pats his tv, surround sound system, sky+ box and xbox.

so whats the point in VLC? you'd need to run a client on the pc near the tv or xbox, and have to set off a server streaming on the pc where the data is?

my videos > SMB network > arc > media >

much easier than faffing with streaming

Er?

I just haved shared folders on my 'media' drive on the PC, which the Xbox picks up as part of the network - so I open up XBMC, go to network share aptly named 'My PC' ;) and go from there - all the data is then wirelessly streamed from the HDD here, no need to do anything else :confused: it is all seamless.

BUT, I don't always watch stuff on the big screen - especially when stuff has just arrived on my HDD ;) I like to check for quality first, plus I may be joining the XviDs together with virtualdub. I also may want to watch a film on one monitor whilst surfing on another. This is why I like to fiddle with Media Player Classic, and now VLC - that ok with you :p

All depends what mood I am in :p

Never even knew the streaming function of VLC existed, lol - I only downloaded it a few hours ago, ran it once to make sure it worked - but I keep hearing such good things about it, I thought give it a shot.

Still, XBMC rocks :slayer:

Never even knew the streaming function of VLC existed, lol - I only downloaded it a few hours ago, ran it once to make sure it worked - but I keep hearing such good things about it, I thought give it a shot.

Still, XBMC rocks :slayer:

Streaming via VLC is bloody brilliant, at my old school i set up A TV system over the school network. Using VLC streaming 10 educational videos so kids could just flip over and watch something related to their lessons...
Still running 2 years later, and from what i've been told hasn't crashed once.

Back