Whats It Worth Section

Currently reading:
Whats It Worth Section

CJ_CINQQY

Established member
many people and myself included put whats its worth posts in different sections then get told to move it to the classifieds where people either email asking me for a price because they think im selling something or ignore the post because they are in the classifieds to buy something. so maybe a section where people can ask "whats it worth" could be good, for cars and parts and general things

This is a great idea as it would allow people to ask how much certian parts cost, how much other members paid for certain repairs / fitments. It would also cut down on the amount of people who get scammed on ebay (y)

Nice Idea CJ (y)

this is the problem.people generally post these up as a premptive to selling so they progress into a sales post.
realistically unless your car is very unique it doesnt take much research to see what ballpark similar cars are selling for

Not too sure about that; after much dithering and ****ing about, I finally bought a Multipla yesterday from a dealer who advertised on the following website http://www.fish4.co.uk/iad/cars Prior to that I'd been checking classifieds on this site, Ebay, car auctions and local papers. Prices genuinely were all over the place; sometimes more or less in line with the values as given here http://www.whatcar.com/valuations.aspx but as often as not out either way by £1000 or more. Example; an ELX 110 registered in 2002 (02 plate) with 111000 miles on the clock got a top bid on Ebay of £2600 but didn't sell as the owner had a crazy high reserve. With this mileage, Whatcar put the private sale valuation at £1100. Who was right?

I don't know if this market price confusion is true of cars in general, but the Multipla in particular seems very hard to pin down. I think I can say that, having done my research as well as I could I've bought the right car at the right money (£2950 with fsh, 89k miles, 1 years MOT and whatever legal protection buying from a dealer gives me) but having put my money where my mouth was, I would say that wouldn't I?

We don't mind so much people asking if x is a good price for buying a car. It's just the threads that end up as an advert...[/quote]

You could perhaps check this site http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php It's US based but has the same section layout as the Fiat Forum. They've got a seperate section specifically for queries about market value, and for members to post links for third party items (such as Ebay listings) they think could be of general interest. Anyone using it as a free advertising site for their own sales first gets a polite reminder, then a not so polite reminder to use the (paid for) classified section.

As a newbie ti Fiat Forum I was reluctant to ask too many `how much should I pay?' type questions, but having now bought one of the things I'd be more than happy to post a `this is what I bought; this is I paid etc' in the right section.

well we have an ebay section which can be used for selling and querys,interestiung items etc and the classifieds are free.theres no 'rule' on posting a link to X car/item and saying is this worth £x???
even then in the cento section for example prices can vary hugely just by location in the UK on the same car

Back