what tyres should i buy ,,, Yokos or maxis ,,, or .. toyo

Currently reading:
what tyres should i buy ,,, Yokos or maxis ,,, or .. toyo

ill start this off by saying i hate toyos .,.. because theey are **** in the wet ,,
so im looking for decent tyres ,, looking to do at least 2 track days this year , and they are to go on my delta rims so can go up to 195 50 (45 would be better)

got these in my mind they look coool as hell
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185-50-14...95146?pt=UK_Cars_Tyres_RL&hash=item259bc5660a

but had a set of these before and they were F******* fantastic ... but there a little bit more expensive ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yokohama-...pect+Ratio:50|Diameter:14&hash=item20eebecfdf

or post links to what you find

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I had Toyo t1r's on my vectra, and fornd them very very good in the wet and excellent in the dry. So would consider toyo again

I would go for Yokos over maxxis any day

my experience of Toyo t1r's..... in the dry absolutely excellent, in the wet average, on the snow, potentially lethal :laugh:

Also toyo's IMO wear super fast.

If you can do 195/45/14.... sorry, it's a total no-brainer IMO. Rainsports.

Must depend on the car... they were amazeballs on the vectra

Re:

Mrcento said:
my experience of Toyo t1r's..... in the dry absolutely excellent, in the wet average, on the snow, potentially lethal :laugh:

Thread bump as I've just had to order 2 new tyres to get the punto through it's MOT. Gone for Rainsports as they were on offer at £64 each plus your recommendation of course Mark. So they'd better be good or I'll hunt you down and complain vociferously :twist:

Of course the slight problem is I always get lost when trying to find your lock-up which I've been to several times now so I think you're quite safe :lol:

Re: Re:

Harper said:
Mrcento said:

Thread bump as I've just had to order 2 new tyres to get the punto through it's MOT. Gone for Rainsports as they were on offer at £64 each plus your recommendation of course Mark. So they'd better be good or I'll hunt you down and complain vociferously :twist:

Of course the slight problem is I always get lost when trying to find your lock-up which I've been to several times now so I think you're quite safe :lol:

:lol:

I'm safe on many levels then :lol: ,

They're good tyres, solid at everything (though i suspect the BF Goodrich tyres on the Landy might well be a lot better in mud, but they're kinda designed for that so i'd be worried if they weren't :lol: ).

My experience with them is totally positive and going by the last reviews i read of them, they've all been positive, so i'm fairly confident :lol:

Funnily enough Callum was recommending BF Goodrich to me yesterday but there was an extra days wait for them hence going for the Rainsports. It's bad enough I may not get the car back until tomorrow - definitely couldn't cope not having it until Thursday

Fecking hate stupid tyre sizes

I just put a Hankook on my Betty, not the cheapest out there but reasonable and a damn sight cheaper than the size that fitted my 159 when I had that. I really like them although the road noise can be a bit loud, grip and handling are damn good.

Back