Technical what is this?

Currently reading:
Technical what is this?

drewbles

was trying to fix the cigarette lighter socket (couldn't do it,couldn't find the wires!!) but then I took apart the whole frontage, heater and so forth, and found this apparent button next to the hazards...what is it for? Also, if someone could tell me where the cigarette lighter socket connection is meant to connection to?

Attachments

• 20221109_135758.jpg
    20221109_135758.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 83
  • 20221109_135756.jpg
    20221109_135756.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • 20221109_135751.jpg
    20221109_135751.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
Solution
It's just a dummy switch, mines the same, it would be a proper switch for something if you had a higher trim level. The wires for the 12v socket are probably hanging down somewhere below the socket, may have been disconnected for some reason??
It's just a dummy switch, mines the same, it would be a proper switch for something if you had a higher trim level. The wires for the 12v socket are probably hanging down somewhere below the socket, may have been disconnected for some reason??

Solution
thanks for replying...so I found 2 wires in there, they seem to go towards the steering wheel rather than the fuse box? also stuck a multi meter on them, they seem to be getting no power? any idea where these wires are meant to start? maybe I could follow them from the other end?

The wires probably go into a loom, as regards power, the 12v is only live with the ignition key on Accessory. Check the fuse if you know which one it is, I've had several early vans over the years and everyone has had a different fusebox! The owners handbook, if you're lucky enough to have one, will give you the info. The fuse is for the 12v and nothing else and according to my old handbooks is one of only two 20A in the box, the other being for the horn.

Back