General What is a Seicento 'Sound'?

Currently reading:
General What is a Seicento 'Sound'?

A customer has a 52 plate Seicento Sound but except for the slightly tacky badge on the boot is for all intents and purposes an MPI 'S'

-wind up windows, black bumpers & mirrors, non-split/fold rear seats

Reformed 899 gearbox

Interestingly he has found a CD player under the passenger seat which on the face of it adds to the 'Sounds' element

Was the Sound a thing? What was it?

It was a special edition. As the name suggests, the special part of it all related to audio upgrades.
I did not pay too much attention when it was on sale, so cannot remember details, but a normal car came with a basic radio/CD and two front speakers.

You might find this one has rear speakers too.

Not really anything to shout (or sing) about.

I wonder if it was an option which could be had on multiple models. It looks like there are S, SX and Sporting versions of it

You are testing my memory now, but I think you are right, it was an upgrade, as an option across the range, but in reality, all cars had been made, and standard models less available. Just a thing to gain interest and sell a few more cars, but one with actual benefits to buyers, unlike stripes, etc.

My Panda, of course, is one of these 'specials'. Underneath the silly orange exterior and interior, it is an Eleganza, so rear head restraints & climate control.

I had a Seicento Suite. Not many of those. When S & SX were 900cc, this was an SX, but 1100 and aircon. Standard suspension and gear ratios, so not hard or brisk like a Sporting. Poor thing did 85,000 miles in 3½ years.

Back