What does Everyone think about changing my car?

Currently reading:
What does Everyone think about changing my car?

why buy an abarth model, ive never understood the point yeah they are quite nice but you can turn a T-Jet into one fairly simply, I dont think many members on here would go for another italian car after a fiat, im guessing youve never had many problems with fiats then, fair enough a good reasonably priced car for what it is but it does fall apart quite often here and there. (n)

i'd say all 3 cars mentioned are a fair bit better in places than a GP and I shouldnt think im the only one to think that

There we go again...italian cars falls apart and nobody would want to buy a fiat after having one...load of crap! Fiat are setting standards in the car business and have had a massive improvement in both quality and reliability! Cheap interiors that fall apart? Were? Any car will have a fair share of problems i challenge you to look in a vauxhall, ford or renault forum and find everybody happy with their cars...also yes were does vauxhall/gm gets is engines and chassis from?? FIAT!!! The ford ka is underneath a FIAT 500!!! Also i dont drive a fiat/alfa anymore due to work.company car (ford galaxy) and in 2 months already clutch and dmf failed...i would buy a fiat/alfa/abarth product with my eyes shut!!

There we go again...italian cars falls apart and nobody would want to buy a fiat after having one...load of crap! Fiat are setting standards in the car business and have had a massive improvement in both quality and reliability! Cheap interiors that fall apart? Were? Any car will have a fair share of problems i challenge you to look in a vauxhall, ford or renault forum and find everybody happy with their cars...also yes were does vauxhall/gm gets is engines and chassis from?? FIAT!!! The ford ka is underneath a FIAT 500!!! Also i dont drive a fiat/alfa anymore due to work.company car (ford galaxy) and in 2 months already clutch and dmf failed...i would buy a fiat/alfa/abarth product with my eyes shut!!

cheap interiors that fall apart...trim on dashboard under windscreen comes up, wheel arch trim fallen off had to be replaced 3 times, undertray fallen off and had to be fixed back twice, gearbox has never worked 100% properly has been rebuilt once and of course everything is fixed with plastic clips that go snap etc. i already am a member on a vauxhall forum as i used to own one and i can tell you the trim didnt ever fail or break or anything and thats on a 9 year old car as aposed to 5 years, i appriceate that you mostly see threads of people asking advice about something wrong with their car, dont randomly post occasional threads saying 'everything fine with my car'. where did the ford ka come from? maybe if you want to drive 3 miles around a town then fair play lol (n)

I wouldnt consider fiat vauxhall alfa or ford being particularly good car manufactures, renault audi vw are in a different league

cheap interiors that fall apart...trim on dashboard under windscreen comes up, wheel arch trim fallen off had to be replaced 3 times, undertray fallen off and had to be fixed back twice, gearbox has never worked 100% properly has been rebuilt once and of course everything is fixed with plastic clips that go snap etc. i already am a member on a vauxhall forum as i used to own one and i can tell you the trim didnt ever fail or break or anything and thats on a 9 year old car as aposed to 5 years, i appriceate that you mostly see threads of people asking advice about something wrong with their car, dont randomly post occasional threads saying 'everything fine with my car'. where did the ford ka come from? maybe if you want to drive 3 miles around a town then fair play lol (n)

I wouldnt consider fiat vauxhall alfa or ford being particularly good car manufactures, renault audi vw are in a different league

well i gotta say that you have just been unlucky...
sorry but if i take my car to be fixed 3 times for same thing (wheel arch) that can only mean that the garage you are using is useless!!(n)
same for undertray and for gearbox! the majority of times we give our cars to semi trained monkeys which make things worse...change garage
trim never falls off a vauxhall i find hard to beleive considering i owned various vauxhalls...
by the way to alfa mito, fiat punto and vauxhall corsa share esactly the same platform and seriously are we saying that vauxhall dashboard is better??:confused:
renault cars are a pain in eletronics, ask any laguna or scenic owner!and i had a scenic dci 34mpg:cry: while fiat multipla did 50+mpg:slayer:
my galaxy is the 04 model fitted with the vw 130 tdi engine which are supposed to be bulletproof...well dmf wasnt and neither was clutch and engine is very noisy and not particulary refined but lets not forget that every car has is own share of problems
i mentioned the ford ka because shares the platform with the terribles fiat!!
In 2009, BSM (the British School of Motoring) ended a 16-year relationship with Vauxhall Motors and signed a deal with Fiat UK to swap its learner vehicle from the Vauxhall Corsa to the new Fiat 500. Fiat UK will supply 14,000 cars to BSM over four years in a marketing deal to inject some Italian styling into a century-old British brand, boosting the motoring school's image among its younger customers, surely that means somethingh!(y)

In 2009, BSM (the British School of Motoring) ended a 16-year relationship with Vauxhall Motors and signed a deal with Fiat UK to swap its learner vehicle from the Vauxhall Corsa to the new Fiat 500. Fiat UK will supply 14,000 cars to BSM over four years in a marketing deal to inject some Italian styling into a century-old British brand, boosting the motoring school's image among its younger customers, surely that means somethingh!(y)

Things arent as rosy in BSM 500 world as you think

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/motoring...nds-Fiat-500s-officials-complained-small.html

Slightly OT also -Nothing wrong with abarths but they are going to have to buck their ideas up pretty sharpish

VXR nurburgring edition is miles better in all departments and the new polo GT is out next year, thats more powerful than the Golf GTI and tipped to be 'one of the greatest hot hatches of all time'

These are probably out of the OP's reach at the minute but someone championed abarth as the best and why would you consider something else and would buy an abarth product with eyes shut -
Well, Abarth might not be sitting at the top table for much longer they way things could be going

OP -As many people have said - test drive your shortlist

Last edited:
Of course this is a Fiat forum, I own an old Fiat Coop, love the thing to death, but I can understand not everyone will have the same thoughts as myself. Bottom line......Oranges are not the only fruit.;)

Too many people on here are just blinkered. Obviously horses for courses & all that & I expect not everyone to agree with my thoughts as I've said. A banana or a prickly pear may be an option.........;)

Look at the end of the day is not about driving the car that is rated the best from some magazine...is about how the car makes you feel...i owned many different brands of cars and i still test drive many cars and the only cars that make me feel good are fiat, abarth and alfas
At the top of my list of owned cars are the alfa gtv 3.0v6 and alfa 156 2.5v6
The best car i ever droved is the alfa 147 gta followed by fiat coupe turbo
It makes my blood boil when people are still saying that fiat puntos are crap and a vauxhall corsa is better when they are pretty much "same car"
Is this kind of cheap slating that really annoys me thats all but we all have different opinions

well i gotta say that you have just been unlucky...
sorry but if i take my car to be fixed 3 times for same thing (wheel arch) that can only mean that the garage you are using is useless!!(n)
same for undertray and for gearbox! the majority of times we give our cars to semi trained monkeys which make things worse...change garage
trim never falls off a vauxhall i find hard to beleive considering i owned various vauxhalls...
by the way to alfa mito, fiat punto and vauxhall corsa share esactly the same platform and seriously are we saying that vauxhall dashboard is better??:confused:
renault cars are a pain in eletronics, ask any laguna or scenic owner!and i had a scenic dci 34mpg:cry: while fiat multipla did 50+mpg:slayer:
my galaxy is the 04 model fitted with the vw 130 tdi engine which are supposed to be bulletproof...well dmf wasnt and neither was clutch and engine is very noisy and not particulary refined but lets not forget that every car has is own share of problems
i mentioned the ford ka because shares the platform with the terribles fiat!!

ive taken it directly to fiat with all those problems as i didnt trust local garages going near my car (n) unfortunately the previous owner before cant have looked after it very well as I had to fix some things back and clean it all over. one of the first things i had to do was remove the ancient layers of hair gel from the headrest which was not cool :yuck: might sum up the previous owner lol i wouldnt say my corsa's dashboard was better, but it certainly didnt fall apart at all, tbh every single car is going to have a fault for sure, just some are better than others IMO

me and my mates all drive fiats and problems seem to crop up on those just as much as mine but thats all part of owning a car and looking after it, little bit worried about 1 friend of mine who's waiting on a delivery of a tuning box for his bravo, doesnt know a great deal about them and i can see him killing his bravo! (n)

dont get me wrong though, my punto has been a great overall car and has been really fun to drive and look after, just a shame about a couple of flaws, but what car doesnt have at least 1 fault they will never design the all perfect car as we are all different (y)

Back