What do I need...??

Currently reading:
What do I need...??

baz_78

OK - I'm starting to look at the ICE in my Sei Sporting but need advice on what sort of set-up to go for. My problem comes in knowing what amp/s I might need to run it... Also any advice on speakers, etc would be useful. :confused:

HU - Pioneer DEH-P7700MP (on order at mo) + 6disc changer
Front Speakers - Kenwood upgrades (already have)
Rears - Lanzar 6.5" 3 ways (already have) - possibly replace with 6x9s
Sub - Need ideas - budget 10"
Amp - Legacy LA1030 4 channel bridgable... (already have)

I've got the speakers and amp (from an old install) but need ideas for the sub - must be cheap - I'll soon be selling a 15"sub (doesn't fit in the boot!!! :D )

All advice/thoughts welcome!!!

You can pick up a JBL 10" for £30 these days, hows that sound?

There's a thread in the cinq/sei section about getting speakers in the front door and another with a link to some prefab jobs. If you can do it, a pair of speakers in the front and a sub in the boot will do the job nicely, it's much better from a SQ point of view and what I'll be doing eventually.

If you do keep your 6.5" speakers and put them in the shelf, use the crossovers in the amp so they just get mid / high frequencies and let the sub take care of the rest.

HU can power the in dash speakers.

£30 sounds good!!! Would that be new/used? And with enclosure or without?

Sorry for all the questions... And I'm guessing ebay as a good place to start looking?!!

Cheers,
Barry

darkcircuitUK said:
Just don't goto Halfrauds (n)

(y) good tip... I only usually go there to hear the quality of stuff then go elsewhere to buy or test more!!!

baz_78 said:
£30 sounds good!!! Would that be new/used? And with enclosure or without?

Sorry for all the questions... And I'm guessing ebay as a good place to start looking?!!

Cheers,
Barry

The sub you are on about is the GT4-10 sub. Excellent sub. I would make your own box as IMO, the boxes you can buy seem a bit flimsy. Its cheaper as well. Also the enclosure volume may not be compatible with your sub, and as you have a sei, you'd keep more boot space. (y)

Back