General What discounts did you manage to get?

Currently reading:
General What discounts did you manage to get?

I think it would be cheaper for Fiat to fit all the essentials to the base car rather than have to fit them on the production line according to individual orders. Economies of scale should kick in too.

Oh yes, what I consider essentials that is :D

Since people are of different heights a standard adjustable seat would make punters smile, as would remote locking and A/C. Given that the folding front seat back makes the little car a real potential long-load lugger, and is also a cheap thing to make and complies with the notion of the Panda being an everyman sort of car, the standard icorporation would charm potential customers and provide real showroom appeal. The Honda Jazz has its very clever seating configuration as standard, so why not Fiat!

I'd better explain my position a little I suppose. I don't know anybody who has had A/C who doesn't consider it essential. It makes driving in summer comfortable and keeps the windows clear in winter, so it is a real safety item. And this is why I believe it should be standard.

I would add a proper spare wheel too, and for the same reason!

Removing these things from the spec just makes Fiat look cheap, not inexpensive, cheap. And since the Koreans and Japanese sell similar cars for less than the Pop, properly equipped, I don't think Fiat is being too clever.

Suniil, why do you want electric door mirrors?

They cost more to replace when they are swiped, and is it that difficult to adjust them by hand anyway on the rare occasions when you need to. Once every three years for me probably.

I actually DON'T want them :p

Here we go i suppose :D

And going off thread too
:)

Last edited:
The Honda Jazz has its very clever seating configuration as standard, so why not Fiat!

The Honda Jazz costs from £11605 OTR (and also has a fix 'n go instead of a wheel) & the Fiat Panda from £8900 OTR, so that may have something to do with it. I don't think the Panda is competing with the Jazz spec for spec though is it? (y)

Last edited:
I wasn't comparing the Panda with the Jazz directly, just what the philosophy of basic equipment should be.

I know that they have nearly all (manufacturers) removed spare wheels, but that doesn't make it right, and Fiat would steal a move on the rest if it returned to common sense.

The basic Pop is too basic, and the Lounge is also poorly equipped at its price/size/image point.

I'll be intersted to see which car sells best over the next year, the Panda or the Up and its clones.

I do know that a lot of people consider exposed metal inside a car to be 'cheap', regardless of everything else, but then I do sometimes despair about people anyway.
;):Dp

:) I need that for quick and perfect street parking without scraping on Kerbs. May not needed for experienced drivers, but I've driven only few years.

Suniil, why do you want electric door mirrors?
:)

I seeeeeeee. Fair enough, I can see why you would want electric mirrors then, but when you are experienced will you still want them as standard I wonder?

It just shows how one person's essential item is another's irrelevance though, doesn't it.

It would be interesting to do some research as to what buyers consider important in a car at a certain price point. But not on this thread I guess ;)

...am interested to know if anyone managed to get a discount on their car, and if so how much.

We were very generously -- I thought -- given £500 off our TA Lounge Dualogic (and not even as part of any finance deal...)! :)

Admittedly, when you've added up all the options and accessories we ordered (the latter with a myFIAT 5% discount), it doesn't come to a huge percentage; but I was pleasantly surprised that we got anything at all...! :cool:

[Because of the delay in production/delivery time, though, am considering (with the encouragement of our dealer) asking FIAT Customer Care for the Low Speed Collision Mitigation system to be thrown in as 'compensation', as well -- if it's then available, of course....]

PS: Sorry for the delay in replying... -- but only just spotted this thread...! :eek:

Last edited:
We were very generously -- I thought -- given £500 off our TA Lounge Dualogic (and not even as part of any finance deal...)! :)
D
Admittedly, when you've added up dall the options and accessories we ordered (the latter with a myFIAT 5% discount), it doesn't come to a huge percentage; but I was pleasantly surprised that we got anything at all...! :cool:

[Because of the delay in production/delivery time, though, am considering (with the encouragement of our dealer) asking FIAT Customer Care for the Low Speed Collision Mitigation system to be thrown in as 'compensation', as well -- if it's then available, of course....]

PS: Sorry for the delay in replying... -- but only just spotted this thread...! :eek:

We are buying a TA LOUNGE in white,blue dash.ive specced it with,tech kit,heated windscreen,60/40 rear seats (no 3rd seatbelt),seat height adjuster,comfort kit.ive managed 2 get them 2 raise value of my 08 1.9 GPS SPORTING frm £4200 to £4750,got £200 off gap insurance,getn free leather s.wheel,free luxury mats,full tank of fuel.getn dealers 20% staff discount on satnav,mudflaps.getn £1800 cash back.we havnt paid the £250 deposit.we had a good time haggling,making him work 4 hs money pushing him and his boss asfar as we could.he had good time aswell he said.the wife and i are more than happy.he said we could hav got more if it woznt a car specced,built by us.he showed us paperwork sayn FIAT only making £20.86 profit on car.not sure if i believe that,but made me happy.got 2 wait till end of september tho.

Last edited:
Am getting a white twinair in Lounge spec for £8300 as a pre reg with 5miles on the clock. As list price is nearly £3000 more I'm happy to sacrifice my 13 plate and will put up with those 5 miles!

Am getting a white twinair in Lounge spec for £8300 as a pre reg with 5miles on the clock. As list price is nearly £3000 more I'm happy to sacrifice my 13 plate and will put up with those 5 miles!

Scarily good deal!:D

Yeah, the number plate really doesn't matter in your case does it. Am sure you will love owning it as well.

It IS a scarily good deal. Part of me will only believe it after I drive away.
Never really trust car supermarkets and am waiting for them to try and pull a fast one by moving the goalposts at the last minute! If they do I'll walk out the door.
Hopefully this weekend it'll be sorted.

Back