what amp to run Kicker S15L7 D4??

Currently reading:
what amp to run Kicker S15L7 D4??

kobita1985

I bought the Kicker Solo baric 15" L7 D4 sub for £90 off ebay... which amp shall i run it with? unfortunately my budget is no more than £140.

currently running it with theloudest.com 3000w amp, i thought it was the 4channel amp, but its more likely to be the 2channel - i bought this one last year from ebay for £49: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3000w-Car-Amplifier-2-Channel-Amp-for-sub-6x9-ice-cd_W0QQitemZ290297157593QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_Car_Amplifiers_PP?hash=item290297157593&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1121%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

but this amp doesnt seem to be good enough as i put the volume up, the sub cuts out. had it all professionally fitted as i dont know how to install ice. and have been told the amp may not be powerful enough to run the sub.

soo as the title asks, what amp shall i get? what specifications do i look for?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Take yer pic, any amp up to about 1500w RMS would power that baby you have.
But before we can recommend an amp for such a sub, we would need a few more specs of the enclosure. I have a feeling that if somebody pro installed it they could have made a big mistake.
I sold the lesser 15" L5 because i could not get a box with enough airspace in the boot of my Stilo.
You need something like 6cu/ft after displacement so allowing for sub, port and thickness of wood (i wouldnt use any less than 36mm with that sub) you are looking at a box of around 10cu/ft to work properly which i believe is the total capacity of a MKI Punto boot.

Take yer pic, any amp up to about 1500w RMS would power that baby you have.
But before we can recommend an amp for such a sub, we would need a few more specs of the enclosure. I have a feeling that if somebody pro installed it they could have made a big mistake.
I sold the lesser 15" L5 because i could not get a box with enough airspace in the boot of my Stilo.
You need something like 6cu/ft after displacement so allowing for sub, port and thickness of wood (i wouldnt use any less than 36mm with that sub) you are looking at a box of around 10cu/ft to work properly which i believe is the total capacity of a MKI Punto boot.

lol i dont have my punto anymore, just wanted info bout sub and amp. i now have an astra mk5. but still enjoy browsin the punto forum :) if it helps, my sister has a punto now....

i wouldv thought the amp i have (theloudest.com 3000w) would be enough to run the S15l7... but my sub keeps turnin off as i turn up the volume

Nope the amp is pretty lame the 3000w Class d Is rated at 700w at 2 ohms which is what your sub should be showing.
I would also imagine that it is very inefficient so you are looking at 500w at the most of real power.
Dont forget that Max power means sweet FA.
My guessing is that the amp is fooked and ready for the bin if it has been set up properly. The loudest are renoundly bad so this is why i would go with this option LOL.
There is no moisture in the fuse is there as i have this prob with mine atm and the sub cuts out a certain volumes.
Anyway post a pic of the box and the amp settings and we can help a bit more.

Back