What am I doing wrong.

Currently reading:
What am I doing wrong.

MyL1fe

Ok, I've downloaded the Eco drive software. Configured the stick.

Set up my details. Put the stick in the car, it didn't seem to recognise the stick.

Go back to my computer, open up the eco drive icon, which takes me to profiles, I have the option, select a driver, underneath is my id, it shows options, then it comes up with, add a new car/show all cars. Then nothing.

I've tried re adding a new car, then when I get to the and click next nothing happens.

Any ideas, because I'm baffled.

Oh, I'm using a mac, not that that should be a problem, as during the set up my computer specs met the requirements.

I can probably take a photo of the screen from my camera, but have no idea how I get the image from there to this thread.

Think I've sorted it.

OK. I had a go on my Imac instead of my macbook.

It downloaded the program, and went through all the installation stuff, then asked me for the usb, then told me to put it in the car.

The car recognised the usb. Did some driving today, then fired up the imac and eco drive, there is a little green dot at the top of the screen saying connected.

I insert the usb stick and then at least twice I'm imputting my car details, anyhow I get a different screen and it appears that I'm into eco drive proper, however, it now tells me to get 5 days of driving info so that my score/details can be added.

Progress I think.(y)

Last edited:
It's sorted now.

Downloaded the app on to an old Sony laptop.

Got all the way to the point where it recognised I had data on my usb, but couldn't get any further.

Enter, my son, who promptly uninstalls and then reinstalls the whole thing, tinkers a bit more then bingo, 5 days worth of data is showing up.

Current score of 69, it's telling me 3 stars for acceleration, the other scores around 4 stars.

I have a question, I live at the top of a hill probably 33per cent gradient and 300m climb, is going to work against my score as it's a 3rd gear climb all the way?

I'm not bothered because unless I move I can't change things, any thoughts.

I don't think the hill will lower your score so long as you drive up it in a sensibly high gear. Ecodrive marks your driving style rather than your fuel use so as long as you climb the hill as efficiently as possible you should score well.

Back